The President of the Musicians Union of Ghana (MUSIGA), Mrs. Diana Hopeson says the arrest of one of its members should serve as a lesson to all particularly role models in the showbiz industry.
According to her, the detention of renowned musician, Nana Ekua Amoah, popularly called Mzbel, sends a strong signal to those in the industry who might want to disregard enforcers of law and order.
Mrs. Hopeson was speaking to Citi News after visiting the songstress who is serving a 5-day remand in police custody, for allegedly assaulting and obstructing a police officer from executing his duty.
The MUSIGA President is pleading for his colleague who is to reappear in Court on Friday June 10.
“When it comes to traffic offences, no one is perfect. Once a while, you find yourself at the end of the law. But when you do so, there is a way to go about it. So I was shocked that she has to be in police custody. When people get angry, they sometimes do all sort of things and I pray that we will be able to manage our anger in the heat of issues like this”.
“The Police are law enforcers as we are role models, so we are there for each other. So when things like this happen, we have to allow patience to have its own way. I believe one way or the other, patience was not applied to its fullest. Now that she has been reprimanded, it’s been a big lesson and so we are just praying that things will be done in a way such that, those of us who have learnt our lessons will not repeat such things” she noted.
Mzbel, Maxwell Mensah, a driver and Emmanuel Edem Nordzor, a student have pleaded not guilty to the charges preferred against them.
Mensah was charged for unauthorised parking, causing road obstruction, resisting lawful arrest and assaulting one Lumorvi Wonder, a police officer.
Nordzor was charged for driving without a driving licence and obstructing a police officer from executing his duty.
The three accused were denied bail despite a plea by their lawyers.
The Police say they will proceed with the prosecution as a warning to serve as a deterrent to other traffic offenders.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- ‘Kpa Kpa Kpa’ Man Believes He’s Owed Royalties For The Use Of His Slogan By Some Companies For Their Ads
- WTF: Mortuary Man in Ghana Says He Chops Down the Dead Beautiful Women ALL THE TIME
- The Men of God Continue to Fight While Satan Laughs: Rev. Owusu Bempah Says Archbishop Duncan Williams Turned Against Him Because of NDC
- PDP is Calling on All Nigerians in Ghana | Travel to Nigeria and Vote For that Deserving Candidate-Goodluck Jonathan on February 14 For a Strong & Better Nigeria…
- Drinking Spot Operator Fined for Disturbing Public Peace | What Happens to the Countless Noisy Churches?