You guys in Ghana got to be extra careful and check the drugs you purchase out of various Pharmacies.
The sad story below has caught my attention, and the insulting nature the Pharmacist decided to deal with the issue by offering a refund to a parent after selling him expired pills which paralysed his daughter is so bad and cunning.
Are our lives this loose in Ghana? Don’t anyone go about inspecting these Pharmacies to make sure they are stocked with up to date drugs? I can’t just get this at all…
Imagine you being sick and looking to redeem your health by visiting a Pharmacy or Hospital but then you end up getting your situation being worsen. This is like running to a corrupted Police Officer for protection.
Read below for more…
The Pharmacy Council has launched investigations into how a Tema-based pharmacy sold an expired malarial drug to a consumer.
A two-year-old girl is now paralysed after she was given the medicine prescribed by her doctor.
The pharmacy is said to have sold a Quinaquin mixture whose shelf life expired over a year ago.
The father of the girl, Ernest Alorli Donkor told Joy News’ Fiifi Koomson, “as at now she is looking pale, she can’t even walk, [she was] vomiting [and] she is with me in the house now. For the past four months she has not been going to school due to her condition.”
He said when the attention of the pharmacist was drawn to it, he offered to refund the money, but Mr Donkor refused because it shows how uncaring he was about his daughter’s condition.
He subsequently reported the case to the Tema Community One Police “but to my dismay they could not take any action about the whole situation”.
Mr Donkor is considering suing the pharmacist as well as the Pharmacy Council and the Food and Drugs Board.
Registrar of the Pharmacy Council Joseph Nyoagbe is urging restraint as the Council investigates the matter.
Meanwhile, the Food and Drugs Board has described as unnecessary the planned law suit by the aggrieved father against the board and the Pharmacy Council.
Public Relations Officer at the FDB James Lartey told Joy News although they sympathize with the family, the FDB must not be entirely blamed.
Spotted at Joyfmonline
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- *UPDATED* MORE RED CARPET PHOTOS: Zoe Saldana, Clive Owen, Takao Osawa, Nanako Matsushima, Tatsuya Fujiwara, Rasaroi Dawson, Fred Nuamah, Captain Planet & Others At 66 Cannes Film Festival
- PricelessMom.Com: YES! Loving Too Much Can Kill
- *UPDATED* CELEB STYLE: Captain Planet’s Glitzy Appearance At 2013 Cannes Film Festival Alongside Hollywood Actress
- 2768 Downloads In 2 Weeks Since I 'UnCopyrighted' My Life Changing Book-'Success Is A Right, Not A Privilege'…Get Your FREE Copy Now!
- PHOTOS OF THE DAY: Confidence Haugen, Good Genes Or Good Doctor?
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?