You guys in Ghana got to be extra careful and check the drugs you purchase out of various Pharmacies.
The sad story below has caught my attention, and the insulting nature the Pharmacist decided to deal with the issue by offering a refund to a parent after selling him expired pills which paralysed his daughter is so bad and cunning.
Are our lives this loose in Ghana? Don’t anyone go about inspecting these Pharmacies to make sure they are stocked with up to date drugs? I can’t just get this at all…
Imagine you being sick and looking to redeem your health by visiting a Pharmacy or Hospital but then you end up getting your situation being worsen. This is like running to a corrupted Police Officer for protection.
Read below for more…
The Pharmacy Council has launched investigations into how a Tema-based pharmacy sold an expired malarial drug to a consumer.
A two-year-old girl is now paralysed after she was given the medicine prescribed by her doctor.
The pharmacy is said to have sold a Quinaquin mixture whose shelf life expired over a year ago.
The father of the girl, Ernest Alorli Donkor told Joy News’ Fiifi Koomson, “as at now she is looking pale, she can’t even walk, [she was] vomiting [and] she is with me in the house now. For the past four months she has not been going to school due to her condition.”
He said when the attention of the pharmacist was drawn to it, he offered to refund the money, but Mr Donkor refused because it shows how uncaring he was about his daughter’s condition.
He subsequently reported the case to the Tema Community One Police “but to my dismay they could not take any action about the whole situation”.
Mr Donkor is considering suing the pharmacist as well as the Pharmacy Council and the Food and Drugs Board.
Registrar of the Pharmacy Council Joseph Nyoagbe is urging restraint as the Council investigates the matter.
Meanwhile, the Food and Drugs Board has described as unnecessary the planned law suit by the aggrieved father against the board and the Pharmacy Council.
Public Relations Officer at the FDB James Lartey told Joy News although they sympathize with the family, the FDB must not be entirely blamed.
Spotted at Joyfmonline
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- WEEKLY DISCUSSION: To Snap A Nekkid Picture Or Not To Snap?.....How Far Would You Go For Your Partner?
- PHOTOS: ‘Naughty By Nature’ In Ghana, Everything Is Set For Tonight’s ‘Back in the Day’ Concert
- BEHIND THE SCENES: The Making Of Shirley Frimpong Manso’s New Feature Film-POTOMANTO
- More Like A TIME TRAVEL Experience | 'Alewa' And 'Poki' To Be Served At Tomorrow's 'Back in The Day' MEGA Concert!
- New Music Video: 'Womp3' By 5Five
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
- Gabrielle Union Looking Super FAB At The Alvin Ailey 2013 Opening Night Gala
- Mariah Carey Looking ‘Christmasly’ Naughty & Cute As She Performs At Rockefeller Center
- Terrence Howard Secretly Marries Girlfriend After One Month Of Dating?
- Detective Says Paul Walker’s Car Was Going 90 MPH In A 45 MPH Speed Zone At Time Of Fatal Crash!
- Kanye West Signs $10 Million Deal With Adidas
- Alicia Keys At 27th Annual ARIA Awards 2013 In Australia
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date
- Secrets Your Man Would Not Want You To Know
- Sex & Relationships: I Like You But I’m Not Looking For A Relationship Right Now…What He Really Means
- Nanokeratin Brazilian Blow Dry: The Perfect Harmless Alternative to Hair Straightening