I know your blog is called GhanaCelebrities.Com but please give me a space as a loyal reader to call a spade a spade.
You cannot imagine how livid I am after reading your post titled ‘Treat Us Like Celebrities…What About Behave Like Celebrities?’
To be frank, until I came across this blog, I did not know any celebrity existed in Ghana. Even if any existed, I certainly did not think the person will come from our low-key entertainment industry.
It is annoying to see the likes of Nadia Buari, Jackie Appiah, Yvonne Nelson, Yvonne Okoro, John Dumelo, Majid Michel and others flaunting around as celebrities with no achievement to their names. It gets even more annoying when these talentless and no-achievers come out demanding to be treated as celebrities.
And guess the sort of treatment they are demanding? They do not want to join queues at Banks and other public places. They think they should be allowed to jump queues because they are LOCAL CHAMPIONS…
Do these so called Ghanaian Celebrities know who a celebrity is at all? Let me do some coaching here and they better pay me after this…LOL
A celebrity is a person who has a prominent profile in the media and is easily recognized. Some careers are associated with celebrity status, eg. the top tier of the modelling, acting and sports.
While people may gain celebrity status as a result of a successful career, in other cases, people become celebrities due to media attention for their extravagant lifestyle or wealth (as in the case of a socialite); for their connection to famous people.
Back to our local champions who are forcefully demanding to be treated like Celebrities, which of them have any of the above status? How many GREAT movies have they starred in? What is their state of wealth or connections?
Probably, some people are confusing ‘Ashawobrity’ with Celebrity in Ghana. It is only in Ghana that after starring in single movie or Tv commercial, you automatically become a celebrity and have the audacity to DEMAND that you should be allow to jump queues at public places.
Over the years, I have questioned the celebrity status of so many of these local champions. So people like Confidence Haugen, Delay, Beverly Afaglo, Roselyn Ngissah and others really think they are celebrities huh?
Doreen Ntiamoah/ Chicago/USA
You can send your Readers’ Mail directly to me via Vincent@ghanacelebrities.com
It may take some time to get published because I receive a lot of such mails and need to publish them one after the other. Thank You!
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- PHOTO OF THE DAY: Lydia Forson
- The Scamming Continues: Miss Universe 2012-Gifty Ofori Stripped Of Her Title After She Exposed Organizers For Not Giving Her The Various Promised Prizes
- PHOTOS From Launch Of ‘Ghana Meets Naija’ Feat. Wizkid, Bola Ray, Edem, Okyeame Kwame, EL, John Dumelo, Juliet Ibrahim & Others
- Celebrity & Law: African Celebrities Who Work Without Permits In USA, UK & Other Countries Face Arrest, Imprisonment & Deportation
- Award-Winning Investigate Journalist-Anas Aremeyaw Anas Warns John Dumelo & Promises To Expose His ‘Dirty Lifestyle’ + What We Know About The Australian Money Issue
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- VIDEO: Ray J Talks About Missing Kim, Him Being Responsible For Her Success & More
- I Never Said Jay-Z Was A ‘Tranny Chaser’ Says Foxy Brown
- New Music: ‘I’m Out ‘ By Ciara ft. Nicki Minaj
- PHOTOS: Nicki Minaj Spotted In NY Looking Miserable
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?