When will this stop? This is utterly disgusting and the earlier something is done about it, the better. It seems these corporate giants are not only taking the ordinary Ghanaian for granted, they are also stretching their ill treatments to the media and the various local artistes in Ghana…
Sometimes, I do not understand some of these media men in Ghana, if event organizers cannot accord you guys with the minimal respect deserved, why bother and help them to promote and sell their shows?
It is time our local artistes start to also add value to themselves and DEMAND that, at least certain fundamental respect and honor be given to their talents…
From the photos above & below, how come Amber Rose is ‘poshly’ sitting on some Red carpet with Trey Songz and D’banj whiles our Ghanaian talented and much respected musicians like V.I.P and co have been pushed to the back as if they are some goddam rotten groundnuts.
If the show was all about the stripper Amber Rose, Trey Songz and D’banj, why then did Vodafone bother to bill the local artistes?I am beginning to get tired of how disrespectful these concert organizers treat our Ghanaian celebrities…
Read below for more!
Mobile Telecommunication Giant, Vodafone, left a sour taste in the mouth of some journalists when it openly discriminated against Ghanaian artistes billed to perform at the 020 Live Concert alongside International acts Trey Songz and “Kokomaster” D’banj from Nigeria.
Vodafone deliberately treated Ghanaian local stars as though they were nobody and worshiped the foreign artistes like thin gods.
At the pre-event launch on Tuesday September 20, 2011, at the Golden Tulip Hotel ahead of tonight’s big show, Vodafone officials clearly exhibited their disregard for Ghanaian musicians. The sitting arrangement at Golden Tulip’s Upper Terrace said it all, with the three foreign stars -Trey Songz, Dbanj, Amber Rose- and a Vodafone official fully decorated and branded with Vodafone colours. The four sat on confortable red seats, with a 020 backdrop limited to just the four of them and a red carpet just for the four of them.
The Ghanaian hip-life stars; VIP and 5Five, sat on ordinary seats, bare background (no Vodafone branding or decoration whatsoever) and no carpet for them.
When Peacefmonline.com’s Entertainment Reporter, Eugene Osafo-Nkansah asked for some explanation (If was any), as to why the organizers decided to make such an “arrangement” during the Q and A section, Vodafone’s Chief Marketing Officer, Uche Ofodile, (who was one of the four enjoying the red carpet treatment), curtly dismissed the question.
“I don’t understand your question… I don’t know, I don’t really understand what you are talking about,” she said.
Eddy Blay, who was the MC at the press conference, asked Ms. Uche if Eugene can be allowed to re-phrase the question, but a clearly riled Uche Ofodile insisted that they should “forget about Eugene and move on”.
The press conference which was the only platform for the media to have access to the artistes billed to perform at the 020 Live concert, lasted for less than 30 minutes and the organisers permitted the asking of only five questions from the over 20 media houses invited to the function.
Furthermore, the MC stated emphatically that nobody was to be allowed the opportunity of a one-on-one interview with the artistes. Vodafone has also banned any media person from videoing the event or taking pictures as stated in a media brief circulated by the organizers.
Meanwhile, other Ghanaian artistes including D-Cryme, Stay Jay, R2Bees and Vodafone Icon winners RnM expected to perform tonight (Tuesday), were absent at the press conference.
After the press conference, the same media practitioners who publicized the event were seen virtually struggling for media accreditation to cover the program.
A similar incident happened during last year’s maiden edition of the event, when fastest rapper Sarkodie complained about how organizers pay Ghanaian artistes peanuts but pull every financial string to bring down foreign-based artistes to perform on the show.
Sarkodie even described the money Vodafone paid to him as “coins”.
Well, having recently taken over the sponsorship of major musical events in Ghana such as the 4Syte Music Video Awards, Ghana Music Awards among other major events and entertainment programs on Television and Radio, it is only prudent on the part of Vodafone to respect the country’s stars and the media who also play a significant role in the same entertainment industry they are trying to support.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- ALL THE PHOTOS From Ghanaian/Nigerian Actress Ebi Bright’s Birthday Party Feat. Abdul Sallam, Pascaline Edwards, Beverly Afaglo, Richie & Others
- Cannes Celebrates 100 Years of Bollywood with Gala Screening of BOMBAY TALKIES...India’s Top Directors – Karan Johar, Zoya Akhtar, Dibakar Banerjee & Anurag Kashyap Attend
- PHOTOS + Bola Ray Celebrates 10 Years At JOY FM
- FOR THOSE IN UK: Afrobeat Returns-Afrobeat Sundays May Bank Holiday Special
- R2Bees Wins ‘Artiste Of The Year’ At The 2013 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards + Full List Of The Winners…
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?