While many beauty pageants around the world ends with the organisers not fulfilling their side of the bargains or some winners’ triumph being doubted, this does not stop new pageants from popping up day in and out.
The latest beauty pageant to hit the shores of Ghana is ‘Miss Ghallywood Beauty Pageant & Talent Hunt’. “It is an event designed to celebrate Ghanaian movie actors/actresses, appreciating the fans who patronise their movies, discover and make new movie stars and celebrities”, the organisers told GhanaCelebrities.Com.
It is very strange that, though the name ‘Ghallywood’ has not full been accepted as a suitable title for the Ghana Movie Industry, many people still continue to use it.
The ‘Miss Ghallywood Beauty Pageant & Talent Hunt’ is an idea of West Coast Entertainment [Ghana] Limited. The company specialises in Movie and Music Production, Modelling, Photo Studio, Artiste Management among others.
The name of the event suggests it’s for actresses already in the industry but on the contrary, it’s meant to attract the interest and divert the attention of the youth, notably the young budding and give them a meaningful opportunities in life.
The pageant also seeks to create job opportunities for the winners with automatic slots in ‘Ghallywood’ movies. No audition will be required from them.
The event will be officially launched in the coming weeks after which auditions will be held inGhana(Southern and Northern sector) to pick 12 finalists. The grand finale is slated for December 2011.
Expected to grace the finals in December includes Ghana Movie Industry actors/actresses and the very best of Nollywood.
Visit: http://www.westcoastentertainmentgh.com/missghallywood for more information.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- DO YOU KNOW THAT: Beauty Isn't Just Skin Deep? Scientists Say Pretty Women Tend To Be 'Less Stressed And More Fertile'
- FOR THE LADIES: Submerging Your Face In CUCUMBER Water Every Day Is Kate Moss’ Beauty Secret…Are Your Read To Do That?
- ALL THE PHOTOS From Ghanaian/Nigerian Actress Ebi Bright’s Birthday Party Feat. Abdul Sallam, Pascaline Edwards, Beverly Afaglo, Richie & Others
- Cannes Celebrates 100 Years of Bollywood with Gala Screening of BOMBAY TALKIES...India’s Top Directors – Karan Johar, Zoya Akhtar, Dibakar Banerjee & Anurag Kashyap Attend
- PHOTOS + Bola Ray Celebrates 10 Years At JOY FM
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?