From March 2012, the attention all over the world will be on Africa, preferably on Ghana as film makers on the continent will converge in Accra for the ‘Festival Of Films, Accra’ [F.O.F.A.].
The Festival of Films Africa [F.O.F.A.] is a film festival unlike any other on the African continent. The focus will be on ‘Class A’ movies produced in Africa and by Africans from around the world. The festival will have workshops and seminar facilitated by international and local experts for film makers and all those involved in movie making.
The festival will offer an opportunity for the Ghana Film Industry to reach its full potential as an emerging force in the world media.
The four-day film festival will commence on March 1st to the 4th. Silver Bird Cinemas, which is playing a major part in the festival, will screen selected movies for public viewing.
Other venues in Accra for the movie screening are the Accra Polo Grounds, the 441 Park in Nima and Obra Spot in Circle. The rest are Rawlings Park in Accra Central, Tema Community Centre and the main lorry park in Madina.
Seminars and workshops will also be held at and sponsored by the Goethe Institute. To climax the festival, honorary awards will be held to recognize various African film makers who have distinguished themselves in the make believe industry.
GhanaCelebrities.Com is proud to associate itself with the F.O.F.A. which is set to bring all stakeholders together for a common goal and present to them, through the seminars, opportunities for collaboration and funding
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Where are the Religious Zealots? | Nadia Buari Celebrates 13 Years of Sinning Against God-Why Don’t You Go for Her Head?
- Singer Katy Perry Wants to Join the Illuminati | Also Says She Believes in Aliens
- Ghanaian A-List Movie Stars Are Still Not Being Paid for Some Movie Roles?
- PHOTOS: Rihanna Spotted Arriving at 'Da Silvano' Restaurant in New York
- DID YOU KNOW THAT: Taking Contraceptive Pill 'Raises the Risk Of Breast Cancer By 50 Per Cent'