After several entries, we have randomly selected the below individuals as winners of the free standard tickets for the Redcarpet premiere of ‘Elmina’ on Friday (9pm), 16th December, 2011 at Cineworld in Wood Green, North London.
1. Ophelia Appiah-Hamilton
2. J. Asiamah
If you entered and did not win, you can still purchase a ticket and join us for the premiere…
Stars from the movie and other Ghana/Nigeria celebrities will be at the red carpet premiere. For tickets, please Click Here To Buy or Call the ticket Hotline (+44) 07534714757.
Red Carpet Premiere Of Elmina
Date: Friday, 16th December, 2011
Venue: Cineworld Wood Green,Wood Green Shopping Centre, London, N22 6LU.
Normal Tickets: £10
V.I.P Tickets: £30
For more info: Call (+44) 07534714757 or Visit www.evritfilms.com
‘Elmina’ is a master piece from the camp of Revele Films, makers of the multiple award winning movie ‘Run Baby Run’ and producers of Hit Tv Series-‘Home Sweet Home’ and ‘Hotel St. James’. If you have seen movies like ‘Run Baby Run’ and TV series-‘Home Sweet Home’ and ‘Hotel St. James’, then certainly you know the professional and creative prowess of Revele Films.
‘Elmina’ features legendary Actress Akorfa Edjeani Asiedu, AMAA Best Actress- Ama K. Abebrese, Kofi Bucknor, John Apea, Kojo Dadson, Redeemer Mensah , Doug Fishbone-a renowned artiste and others.
In ‘Elmina’, “Ato Blankson (Doug Fishbone) is a farmer in a village in Elmina, in the western coastal region of Ghana. Fate dealt him a harsh hand when his wife, after years of marriage, had not borne him a child. As custom allows, he marries another woman, yet ever since marrying the young and beautiful Sekyiwaa, who does bear him a child, his life has been miserable.
Every year his village celebrates the Bakatue (meaning ‘opening’) festival, to mark the beginning of the fishing season. The chiefs (in their palanquins) and the villagers make their way through the city centre dancing and drumming. The final event of the festival is the heavyweight wrestling match which is organised by the youth of the town.
The months leading to this festival are somewhat different for Ato this time around. His younger wife has run away from the village and has left behind her baby. To compound matters, he is also fighting an order by the corrupt local chief and a Chinese petroleum company to vacate his farmlands (for an insultingly small sum) which sit atop newly found oil fields.
Elmina trails Ato’s compelling journey to find his wife, retain his lands and hold on to his pride against overwhelming odds. It is a story of love, magic, greed, globalization, betrayal, identity and hope which showcases Ghana’s traditional culture and historic architecture and it’s stunning sea coast. It also includes a revolutionary act of inter-racial casting, that offers a completely new way of storytelling, challenging audiences in a way that has never been seen before”.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Why Don’t You Party With Kwabena Kwabena, Turas, Nana Quame & Others In Luton On 21st December, 2013?
- Sonnie Badu, Ron Kenoly LIVE in Concert on November 30
- Santaclausians Unite This Saturday At The El Wak Sports Stadium
- Comedians Funny Face, Julius Agwu, Funny Bone & Seyi Law for Sonnie Badu, Ron Kenoly November 30 Concert
- Sonnie Badu To Headline ‘Africa Worships’ Concert Featuring Ron Kenoly On November 30 At The Accra Sports Stadium
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- Kanye West Says Being A Rapper Is Dangerous, Just Like A Cop Or Being At War
- PHOTOS: Keri Hilson Celebrates Her 31st Birthday With T-Pain & Others
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
- Gabrielle Union Looking Super FAB At The Alvin Ailey 2013 Opening Night Gala
- Mariah Carey Looking ‘Christmasly’ Naughty & Cute As She Performs At Rockefeller Center
- Terrence Howard Secretly Marries Girlfriend After One Month Of Dating?
- Detective Says Paul Walker’s Car Was Going 90 MPH In A 45 MPH Speed Zone At Time Of Fatal Crash!
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Date Someone With Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI)
- Everything You Should Know About Your Bra
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date
- Secrets Your Man Would Not Want You To Know