Admittedly, the Ghana Movie Awards 2011 nominations had major flaws. Unpardonable flaws which should have been avoided. Considering the fact that the movie industry is growing steadily and the jury is made up of very experienced minds in the industry, one cannot comprehend the origin of these flaws.
Adding their voices, many major players in the Industry have openly shown their displeasure and strong aversions towards the nominations. Though some have shared the same opinion, they feared to bring it out for fear of being vilified.
Actress Nikoletta ‘Nikki’ Samonas has joined the league of industry people criticizing the awards jury for the flaws. The actress in an interview with City People Magazine, a Nigerian based newspaper blasted the jury for erring by not nominating her.
“If permitted to talk on this [Ghana Movie Awards nominations] issue, then I will clearly say that I feel that the organizers did err a bit though. Looking at the nominations, certain persons aside from me who should be there weren’t there.” She said when asked if she suspect any bias.
Continuing, she refused to mention names, when asked to mention names of the ‘certain’ people she felt didn’t deserve to be nominated yet got nominated. She said “You definitely know that I am not permitted to that. I wasn’t there when the organizers thought of this and then I am just an actress doing my job, so I leave that to them to do. All I am saying is that I am fine by the whole nominations and I wish whoever wins the best in all their endeavours.”
Nikki has featured in ‘Sinking Sands’, ‘Labour Of Love’, ‘Deadly Obsession’, ‘Divert Call’, ‘Wrong Line’, ‘Love & Bullets’ just to mention few. Aside acting, Nikki is also into commercial modelling. She recently did a job for the popular jewellery brand; Chris Aire.
She also hosts the ‘African Movie Review’, a weekly movie review program on DSTV. It also airs on TV3.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Ministry of Finance Did Not Budget For Creative Arts Industry in Its 2014 Budget? – Ministry Of Tourism’s Budget Allocation in Limbo!
- ‘The Gods Require Us to Defecate on Our Beaches’ Anomabo Residents
- Scots Vote NO to Stay in the United Kingdom | No Has 2,001,926 Votes & Yes Has 1,617,989 According to Results from 32 Councils
- 3 Year Old Kindergarten Pupil in Ghana Wants to Be an Armed Robber in Future So He Can Be Rich
- Castro’s Family Attacks Spiritualist in His House and Demands Castro Within Seven (7) Days + Spiritualists Says Castro is NOT Dead