Admittedly, the Ghana Movie Awards 2011 nominations had major flaws. Unpardonable flaws which should have been avoided. Considering the fact that the movie industry is growing steadily and the jury is made up of very experienced minds in the industry, one cannot comprehend the origin of these flaws.
Adding their voices, many major players in the Industry have openly shown their displeasure and strong aversions towards the nominations. Though some have shared the same opinion, they feared to bring it out for fear of being vilified.
Actress Nikoletta ‘Nikki’ Samonas has joined the league of industry people criticizing the awards jury for the flaws. The actress in an interview with City People Magazine, a Nigerian based newspaper blasted the jury for erring by not nominating her.
“If permitted to talk on this [Ghana Movie Awards nominations] issue, then I will clearly say that I feel that the organizers did err a bit though. Looking at the nominations, certain persons aside from me who should be there weren’t there.” She said when asked if she suspect any bias.
Continuing, she refused to mention names, when asked to mention names of the ‘certain’ people she felt didn’t deserve to be nominated yet got nominated. She said “You definitely know that I am not permitted to that. I wasn’t there when the organizers thought of this and then I am just an actress doing my job, so I leave that to them to do. All I am saying is that I am fine by the whole nominations and I wish whoever wins the best in all their endeavours.”
Nikki has featured in ‘Sinking Sands’, ‘Labour Of Love’, ‘Deadly Obsession’, ‘Divert Call’, ‘Wrong Line’, ‘Love & Bullets’ just to mention few. Aside acting, Nikki is also into commercial modelling. She recently did a job for the popular jewellery brand; Chris Aire.
She also hosts the ‘African Movie Review’, a weekly movie review program on DSTV. It also airs on TV3.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- So I Was RIGHT After All? | Kwaw Kese’s Management & MUSIGA Issue Statement Asking the So Called Celebrities to Stop Their Social Media Comments & End the #FREEKWAWKESE Campaign
- Ugandan Maid in Child Assault Video Receives 4 Years in Jail | Is the Sentence Appropriate?
- Man Attempts Suicide in Volta Region Because His Girlfriend Dumped Him
- Where is Bishop Obinim & the Other Charlatans in Ghana? | The National Secretariat of the Domestic Violence and Victims’ Support Unit Says Reckless Abuse of People On the Increase in Ghana Done in the Name Of Religion
- Prosecution Begins Appeal Of Oscar Pistorius’ Sentence