The fashion industry in Ghana has been given a major boost as a new, interactive, educative, entertaining and viewer-friendly television show Fashion 101, hits the screens next weekend.
Hosted by the ever gorgeous and stunning Sandra Ankobiah, Miss Ghana 2002 Runner-Up, the 30-minute show makes its first screen appearance on Saturday December 31, 8:30am, on TV3, and would air every weekend.
At a special press briefing to launch the programme in Accra on Tuesday, the producers said they were upbeat about the success of a show that from all indications is going to be a major talking point over the coming weeks that the first 13 episodes would be shown.
Viewers would be treated to an exciting show that would help them to be conscious of the various fashion blunders and statements they make on daily basis knowingly and unknowingly, among other finer details that are usually taken for granted.
“Fashion 101 shall be a leading fashion programme which will capture millions, providing its audience with real fashion direction throughout Africa and beyond,” the producers have said.
On a typical Fashion 101 edition, a four-member panel comprising Chester Annie, Sandra the host and two others will critique Ghanaian celebrities on their style of dressing, make-up, and hairstyle at any event.
“Basically, we will try and make sense of what celebrity A or B wears, and also try to appreciate why they chose to dress in a particular way,” says Sandra.
The second part of the programme will see a visibly out of tune fashion victim, completely given a new look and appeal. Every week, a Ghanaian designer provides the clothing for this segment, and the make-up is done by some of the industry’s finest.
“On every edition, a lucky individual would get that unique opportunity of having a complete make-over done on him or her. Here, what we would be looking out for, is how the person looked before and after the makeover, and also, whether fashion has been giving a meaning or not,” Sandra added.
Even before Saturday’s maiden edition, expectations for Fashion 101 across the industry are very high, with most stakeholders commending the producers for the uniqueness and freshness the show offers.
Apart from giving fashion a breath of fresh air in Ghana, the producers also “aim to promote Ghanaian fashion designers and encourage them to create trends for Ghana and the international market”.
Fashion 101 is executive produced by Emerald Paradise Productions, of which Sandra is the CEO, and supported by the Aviation Social Centre, Wardrobe Essentials, Ark Accessories and Tracy J.
It airs on TV3, every other Saturday, at 8:30am.
ABOUT THE HOSTESS
28-year-old Sandra Ankobiah is a name that resonates essence, style, quality, wits, glamour and humour. Her peers describe her as an “elegant, young fashionista who strongly believes in the importance of looking good”.
A runner-up in the 2002 edition of the Miss Ghana and Miss Ecowas beauty pageants, the past decade has seen her do pretty awesome stuff in the line of fashion, modelling for renowned designers such as Kofi Ansah among others. In 2000, she was one of the faces used by the Ghana Textiles Print (GTP) for their numerous advertizing campaigns.
Between 2004-2007, she operated Sandra’s, a high-end fashion boutique in Dworwulu that set trends and managed to give clothing a face-lift.
She is a former student of the Akosombo International School, and also holds a University of Buckingham, UK. LLB and LLM in International and Commercial law degree. Currently, she is studying at the Ghana School of Law, Makola, Accra.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Facebook: Fashion 101 gh
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- *UPDATED* CELEB STYLE: Captain Planet’s Glitzy Appearance At 2013 Cannes Film Festival Alongside Hollywood Actress
- Open Letter To BET…Can Africa Receive This Year’s Award On Your Main Stage Too?
- Celebs Out & About: Sulley Muntari Spotted With Menaye Donkor Visiting High End Luxury Lingerie Shop-La Perla
- WORD ON THE STREET: Who Is The Best Ghanaian Actor? Listen To What People Are Saying & Tell Us Who Your Best Actor Is...
- Confusing Calculated Lies With Publicity Stunts In Ghana Showbiz…When Will We Get It Right?
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?