The fashion industry in Ghana has been given a major boost as a new, interactive, educative, entertaining and viewer-friendly television show Fashion 101, hits the screens next weekend.
Hosted by the ever gorgeous and stunning Sandra Ankobiah, Miss Ghana 2002 Runner-Up, the 30-minute show makes its first screen appearance on Saturday December 31, 8:30am, on TV3, and would air every weekend.
At a special press briefing to launch the programme in Accra on Tuesday, the producers said they were upbeat about the success of a show that from all indications is going to be a major talking point over the coming weeks that the first 13 episodes would be shown.
Viewers would be treated to an exciting show that would help them to be conscious of the various fashion blunders and statements they make on daily basis knowingly and unknowingly, among other finer details that are usually taken for granted.
“Fashion 101 shall be a leading fashion programme which will capture millions, providing its audience with real fashion direction throughout Africa and beyond,” the producers have said.
On a typical Fashion 101 edition, a four-member panel comprising Chester Annie, Sandra the host and two others will critique Ghanaian celebrities on their style of dressing, make-up, and hairstyle at any event.
“Basically, we will try and make sense of what celebrity A or B wears, and also try to appreciate why they chose to dress in a particular way,” says Sandra.
The second part of the programme will see a visibly out of tune fashion victim, completely given a new look and appeal. Every week, a Ghanaian designer provides the clothing for this segment, and the make-up is done by some of the industry’s finest.
“On every edition, a lucky individual would get that unique opportunity of having a complete make-over done on him or her. Here, what we would be looking out for, is how the person looked before and after the makeover, and also, whether fashion has been giving a meaning or not,” Sandra added.
Even before Saturday’s maiden edition, expectations for Fashion 101 across the industry are very high, with most stakeholders commending the producers for the uniqueness and freshness the show offers.
Apart from giving fashion a breath of fresh air in Ghana, the producers also “aim to promote Ghanaian fashion designers and encourage them to create trends for Ghana and the international market”.
Fashion 101 is executive produced by Emerald Paradise Productions, of which Sandra is the CEO, and supported by the Aviation Social Centre, Wardrobe Essentials, Ark Accessories and Tracy J.
It airs on TV3, every other Saturday, at 8:30am.
ABOUT THE HOSTESS
28-year-old Sandra Ankobiah is a name that resonates essence, style, quality, wits, glamour and humour. Her peers describe her as an “elegant, young fashionista who strongly believes in the importance of looking good”.
A runner-up in the 2002 edition of the Miss Ghana and Miss Ecowas beauty pageants, the past decade has seen her do pretty awesome stuff in the line of fashion, modelling for renowned designers such as Kofi Ansah among others. In 2000, she was one of the faces used by the Ghana Textiles Print (GTP) for their numerous advertizing campaigns.
Between 2004-2007, she operated Sandra’s, a high-end fashion boutique in Dworwulu that set trends and managed to give clothing a face-lift.
She is a former student of the Akosombo International School, and also holds a University of Buckingham, UK. LLB and LLM in International and Commercial law degree. Currently, she is studying at the Ghana School of Law, Makola, Accra.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Facebook: Fashion 101 gh
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Why Don’t You Party With Kwabena Kwabena, Turas, Nana Quame & Others In Luton On 21st December, 2013?
- Sonnie Badu, Ron Kenoly LIVE in Concert on November 30
- Santaclausians Unite This Saturday At The El Wak Sports Stadium
- Comedians Funny Face, Julius Agwu, Funny Bone & Seyi Law for Sonnie Badu, Ron Kenoly November 30 Concert
- Sonnie Badu To Headline ‘Africa Worships’ Concert Featuring Ron Kenoly On November 30 At The Accra Sports Stadium
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- PHOTOS: Keri Hilson Celebrates Her 31st Birthday With T-Pain & Others
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
- Gabrielle Union Looking Super FAB At The Alvin Ailey 2013 Opening Night Gala
- Mariah Carey Looking ‘Christmasly’ Naughty & Cute As She Performs At Rockefeller Center
- Terrence Howard Secretly Marries Girlfriend After One Month Of Dating?
- Detective Says Paul Walker’s Car Was Going 90 MPH In A 45 MPH Speed Zone At Time Of Fatal Crash!
- Kanye West Signs $10 Million Deal With Adidas
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Date Someone With Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI)
- Everything You Should Know About Your Bra
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date
- Secrets Your Man Would Not Want You To Know