I hope my mail would be given the needed attention on your website; GhanaCelebrities.Com.
Though I’m not based in Ghana, here in Jamaica, we visit your website a lot; we have been well informed about upcoming movies and budding actors/actresses. I’m proud of what you guys have been able to achieve so far. Many years ago, Ghana didn’t have a site designed for solely entertainment and I must say kudos to you guys.
Now to the main reason of this mail, I am a big fan of African movies. I have a collection of both Ghanaian and Nigerian movies. I do enjoy watching them.
I read with rapt attention on this website that, movie maker Leila Djansi’s ‘Ties That Bind’ topped the nominations and subsequently won 9 awards at the awards night. I don’t know Leila in person so I probably don’t care what people will think or say but I found her triumph very awkward.
Leila’s movie ‘Ties That Bind’ was judged by the awards jury which I am well informed includes veteran actors David Dontoh and Fred Amugi who featured in the same movie.
I do not hate but I think this is unacceptable. Even Kofi Middleting [I hope I got the name right] who was part of the jury last year and still part I guess acted in Ties That Binds. Why put together Actors from a particular movie and ask them to judge the movie among others? It is only rational that they will pick the movie they are affiliated as the best. Will you pick someone’s mother movie your own mother?
I’m I the only confused person here? Is it right for people who acted in a movie to judge the movie at the expense of other movies?
Why should members of a jury have conflicting interest? I mean, be in a movie and also be placed in a position to judge the movie with other movies they were not featured in. Won’t their judgment be tainted?
You can send your Readers’ Mail directly to me via Vincent@ghanacelebrities.com
It may take some time to get published because I receive a lot of such mails and need to publish them one after the other. Thank You
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- PHOTOS: Captain Planet Of 4x4 At Cannes, The Party Has Just Started!
- Lydia Forson Says She Is Building A Brand, Sort Of Halle Berry’s Type & That Is Part Of Why She's Not Seen In Most Ghanaian Movies
- OBS: 4 Die At T. B Joshua’s Church; 30 Others Injured In 'Holy Water' Stampede...REALLY?
- HOT PHOTOS: Nigerian/Ghanaian Actress-Ebi Bright Shows BANGING Bikini Body
- I Am At Cannes For The 66th Cannes Film Festival, Any GC Reader Around Cannes Or Nice?
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?