I hope my mail would be given the needed attention on your website; GhanaCelebrities.Com.
Though I’m not based in Ghana, here in Jamaica, we visit your website a lot; we have been well informed about upcoming movies and budding actors/actresses. I’m proud of what you guys have been able to achieve so far. Many years ago, Ghana didn’t have a site designed for solely entertainment and I must say kudos to you guys.
Now to the main reason of this mail, I am a big fan of African movies. I have a collection of both Ghanaian and Nigerian movies. I do enjoy watching them.
I read with rapt attention on this website that, movie maker Leila Djansi’s ‘Ties That Bind’ topped the nominations and subsequently won 9 awards at the awards night. I don’t know Leila in person so I probably don’t care what people will think or say but I found her triumph very awkward.
Leila’s movie ‘Ties That Bind’ was judged by the awards jury which I am well informed includes veteran actors David Dontoh and Fred Amugi who featured in the same movie.
I do not hate but I think this is unacceptable. Even Kofi Middleting [I hope I got the name right] who was part of the jury last year and still part I guess acted in Ties That Binds. Why put together Actors from a particular movie and ask them to judge the movie among others? It is only rational that they will pick the movie they are affiliated as the best. Will you pick someone’s mother movie your own mother?
I’m I the only confused person here? Is it right for people who acted in a movie to judge the movie at the expense of other movies?
Why should members of a jury have conflicting interest? I mean, be in a movie and also be placed in a position to judge the movie with other movies they were not featured in. Won’t their judgment be tainted?
You can send your Readers’ Mail directly to me via Vincent@ghanacelebrities.com
It may take some time to get published because I receive a lot of such mails and need to publish them one after the other. Thank You
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- The High Price Some Women Have to Pay for Patriarchy: ‘Virg*nity Stones’ in High Demand in Cameroon Despite Obvious Health Implications
- It’s Happening Tonight in London | The Premiere of DOUBLE CROSS Featuring Ama K. Abebrese, John Dumelo, Adjetey Anang, Jasmine Baroudi & Others
- PHOTOS OF THE DAY: Yvonne Nelson, Sandra Ankobiah, Adjetey Anang, Ama K Abebrese, John Dumelo, Kafui Danku, Eazzy & Nana Ama McBrown
- ‘Family Album’ Featuring Majid Michel, Christabel Ekeh, Kofi Adjorlolo, Kafui Danku, Roselyn Ngissah & Others to Be Premiered on 7th November in Accra | Watch the Trailer
- Kumi Guitar says the Ghana Music Awards Controversy Made Him a Bit Popular