Former Miss Ghana Benita Sena Golomeke who won the crown in 1997 last Saturday defeated the Deputy Minister of Youth and Sports to pick the ticket to represent the ruling National Democratic Congress [NDC] at the Parliamentary Elections in the 2012 General Elections for Ledzokuku Constituency in the Greater Accra Region.
People in the showbiz industry are considered as not too serious. When professionals in the entertainment industry try to veer off to politics, they are mocked because politics is believe to be for ‘serious’ people.
It is good to know that at least some Ghanaian voters are wise and of age when it comes to voting for people to represent them in Ghana’s parliament.
Now known as Benita Okity-Duah, she also defeated Nii Sowah Boye Sekan, the junior brother of the late Nii Adjei Boye-Sekan, the first MP in the Fourth Republic in the Ledzokuku Constituency.
The Ledzokuku Constituency has been one of the swing constituencies in the Greater Accra Region. The NDC won and maintain the seat with the Late Nii Adjei Boye-Sekan in 1992 and 1996. The NPP also won the seat in the 2000 Parliamentary Elections with Mr. Edward Akita and managed to keep it in 2004 with Dr. Gladys Norley Ashitey. The current MP, Nii Nortey Dua regained the seat for the NDC in 2008.
In other related news, Actor Wakefield Ackuaku lost his bid to unseat incumbent and Greater Accra Region Minister Nii
Armah Ashietey to represent the NDC at the Klottey Korle Constituency as he managed to pull only 24 votes.
The incumbent retain his seat with 277 votes, two others Leeford Kpakpo Quarshie and Frank Edmund Awuku obtained 27 and 54 votes respectively.
In the same elections, comedian cum actor Fredric Fritz Baffour retained his Ablekuma South Constituency by defeating two others.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Ghanaian Cocaine Lady-Nayele Ametefeh Pleads GUILTY | Case Adjourned to January 5
- 9 More People Have Been Arrested in Ghana in Connection With the Cocaine Case
- VIDEO: Kennedy Agyepong Says Cocaine Girl is the Girlfriend of President Mahama’s Brother & Also She is Being Chopped Down By the CEO of Ghana Cocoa Board
- She Thinks We Are All STUPID | Cocaine Girl-Nayele Ametefeh Says She Thought She Was Carrying GOLD and Not Coke
- ECG Workers Threaten to Throw The Nation into Darkness If Sacked Boss is Not Reinstated: For A Largely Incompetent Organisation They Have A Lot Of Nerve- And Aren’t We Already in Darkness?