Caring and raising funds to assist needy children is on the rise in Ghana, and it is not new to Glo Ambassador Tinny.
Instead of perhaps organising his birthday party and inviting his celebrity friends to come, dine and enjoy his big day with him, Tinny decided to do something different by donating items to the blind resource centre of the Okuapeman Senior High School.
As a former old student, Tinny has adopted the resource centre of his former school to help them as and when they require any help. Items donated included food, drinks, talking calculators, 51 packets of Braille sheets among other things.
Tinny made a cash donation of GH¢ 3000 to the school. With the adoption of the resource centre, his management has employed the services of an Accra based Non Governmental Organisation – Hear Our Say to liaised between the artiste and the school for the smooth operation of the centre.
Before the donation, Tinny said as Africans, Ghanaians, Civil Society, Corporate Ghana, Religious leaders, Government, Celebrities, to be able to pave way for their own greatness, they must stand up and be counted.
“What I mean is, these special students are great people because amongst the handicapped population inGhana, they have chosen to be educated. This is my social responsibility as a man and I have decided to adopt this resource centre”. Said Tinny.
His manager Richard Agyemang Berko also added his voice: “We at Kankpe Records cannot actualize what it will take to effectively meet the challenges that come with Tinny’s decision to adopt The Blind Resource Centre Of OKUASS. That’s why we have employed HOS to cater for the bit of Tinny’s heart desire. We hope to God that corporate Ghana and Civil society grants them audience when they come knocking.”
The Head of Administration and Human Resource at Hear Our Say, Nana Yaw Owusu Asante speaking for his outfit said, “for us as a non profit making Non Governmental Organisation, this opportunity to work with 1 of Africa’s finest Icons is a challenge that requires all the seriousness and commitment that any passionate body will attach to this project. And with the number of Volunteer expertise that we have at our disposal in Ghana and from abroad, this Tinny Blind Project will be beneficial to these special students”
There was support from Akua Pokua and Arise, health volunteers from Belgium and Japan respectively.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD: BBC Viewers Are Angry, 1,350 People Complain About 'EXCESSIVE' Coverage Of Mandela's Death
- Winner Of 2006 Miss Malaika-Hamamat Montia Has STOLEN A Car?
- DO YOU KNOW THAT: People Who Can Ignore Texts Or Calls Are Happier Than Those Who Answer?
- Nigeria’s Femi Kuti Nominated For A Grammy, Jay Z Tops Nominations + The Full List Of Nominees
- 2013 AfricaMagic Viewers’ Choice Awards Nominations Are In...Yvonne Okoro, Jackie Appiah, Majid Michel, Shirley Frimpong-Manso, Ken Attoh & Others Nominated!
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- Kanye West Says Being A Rapper Is Dangerous, Just Like A Cop Or Being At War
- PHOTOS: Keri Hilson Celebrates Her 31st Birthday With T-Pain & Others
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
- Gabrielle Union Looking Super FAB At The Alvin Ailey 2013 Opening Night Gala
- Mariah Carey Looking ‘Christmasly’ Naughty & Cute As She Performs At Rockefeller Center
- Terrence Howard Secretly Marries Girlfriend After One Month Of Dating?
- Detective Says Paul Walker’s Car Was Going 90 MPH In A 45 MPH Speed Zone At Time Of Fatal Crash!
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Date Someone With Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI)
- Everything You Should Know About Your Bra
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date
- Secrets Your Man Would Not Want You To Know