The 2012 edition of ‘Face of Black Secret’, a beauty pageant created to find an ambassador to spearhead the Black Secret make-up campaign has been was launched yesterday in Accra by Berlin Investment.
Black Secret mineral make-up is a beauty brand devoted to expressing and enhancing the natural beauty of women of colour. Being the premier make-up company in Africa, they pride themselves in providing today’s woman with make-up experience unparalleled in Africa and beyond, creating this range with women of colour in mind.
The pageant organised by Berlin Investment Limited will combine facial beauty, intelligence and talent. The winner of this year’s event will serve as a Brand Ambassador of the make-up kit and also lead the campaign on Cervical Cancer.
Statistics shows that Ghana has a population of 6.57million women ages 15 years and older who are at risk of developing cervical cancer. Current estimates indicate that every year 3,038 women are diagnosed with cervical cancer and 2,006 die from the disease. Cervical cancer ranks as the 1st most frequent cancer among women in Ghana, and the 1st most frequent cancer among women between 15 and 44 years of age.
According Gifty Quacoopome, the Operations Manager of Berlin Investment, the stat above calls for an immediate education and prevention and that is what the ‘Face of Black Secret’ project seeks to achieve.
‘Face of Black Secret’ is eligible for any female [regardless of her place of birth] between the ages of 18 to 30 [by the pageant date]. She must be single [never been married, not presently pregnant, and never having had a child] with good moral character. One’s appealing face and confidence is a plus not necessarily the person’s body size.
Models picked for the pageant would be judged in the following segments; Preliminary Interview, African Attire, Swimwear, Contestants’ Performance, Talent, Evening Wear and Interview.
To be part of the competition, just walk into any shop that sells Black Secret products, purchase a product of Black Secret including their new invisible Pressed Powder worth GHC30.00 and you will be presented with a form.
Fill it and submit it to the nearest location that will be communicated later and stand a chance of qualifying for an audition. The process will be officially opened to the public on March 1, 2012.
Winner of ‘Face of Black Secret’ 2012 would take home a Kia Picanto Car worth GHC 3.000.00. The first and second runner-up [second and third positions] takes home GHC 1.500.00 and GHC 1.000 plus hampers from the sponsors.
Other contestants will also go home with hampers.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Lydia Forson Says She Is Building A Brand, Sort Of Halle Berry’s Type & That Is Part Of Why She's Not Seen In Most Ghanaian Movies
- OBS: 4 Die At T. B Joshua’s Church; 30 Others Injured In 'Holy Water' Stampede...REALLY?
- HOT PHOTOS: Nigerian/Ghanaian Actress-Ebi Bright Shows BANGING Bikini Body
- I Am At Cannes For The 66th Cannes Film Festival, Any GC Reader Around Cannes Or Nice?
- Blogging Is The New BIG Thing, A New Way To Make REAL Money Online-Start Your Own Blog Today For FREE
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?