The 2012 edition of ‘Face of Black Secret’, a beauty pageant created to find an ambassador to spearhead the Black Secret make-up campaign has been was launched yesterday in Accra by Berlin Investment.
Black Secret mineral make-up is a beauty brand devoted to expressing and enhancing the natural beauty of women of colour. Being the premier make-up company in Africa, they pride themselves in providing today’s woman with make-up experience unparalleled in Africa and beyond, creating this range with women of colour in mind.
The pageant organised by Berlin Investment Limited will combine facial beauty, intelligence and talent. The winner of this year’s event will serve as a Brand Ambassador of the make-up kit and also lead the campaign on Cervical Cancer.
Statistics shows that Ghana has a population of 6.57million women ages 15 years and older who are at risk of developing cervical cancer. Current estimates indicate that every year 3,038 women are diagnosed with cervical cancer and 2,006 die from the disease. Cervical cancer ranks as the 1st most frequent cancer among women in Ghana, and the 1st most frequent cancer among women between 15 and 44 years of age.
According Gifty Quacoopome, the Operations Manager of Berlin Investment, the stat above calls for an immediate education and prevention and that is what the ‘Face of Black Secret’ project seeks to achieve.
‘Face of Black Secret’ is eligible for any female [regardless of her place of birth] between the ages of 18 to 30 [by the pageant date]. She must be single [never been married, not presently pregnant, and never having had a child] with good moral character. One’s appealing face and confidence is a plus not necessarily the person’s body size.
Models picked for the pageant would be judged in the following segments; Preliminary Interview, African Attire, Swimwear, Contestants’ Performance, Talent, Evening Wear and Interview.
To be part of the competition, just walk into any shop that sells Black Secret products, purchase a product of Black Secret including their new invisible Pressed Powder worth GHC30.00 and you will be presented with a form.
Fill it and submit it to the nearest location that will be communicated later and stand a chance of qualifying for an audition. The process will be officially opened to the public on March 1, 2012.
Winner of ‘Face of Black Secret’ 2012 would take home a Kia Picanto Car worth GHC 3.000.00. The first and second runner-up [second and third positions] takes home GHC 1.500.00 and GHC 1.000 plus hampers from the sponsors.
Other contestants will also go home with hampers.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Sparrow Station Is LIVE | Watch ‘Big For Nothing’, Peep, Adams Apples Season 2 & All The Sparrow Movies On There NOW!
- New Music Video: 'Come Closer' By Fuse ODG Feat. Wande Coal
- The Power Of BOOBIE JOB | Confidence Haugen In Focus-Do You Think She Needed It?
- OPENED GOSSIP: Which Ghanaian Female Bisexual Musician Is CHOPPING DOWN The Wife Of A Ghanaian Football Star?
- Can You Imagine The Meaning of ‘INTERNATIONAL’ In Ghana’s Showbiz?
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- Oprah Winfrey Says She Has No Regrets About Not Having Kids
- Mike Tyson Has Cancelled His Book Signing Tour in UK Because He Is Barred From Britain Over Rape Conviction
- Kim Kardashian Says Her BODY Is Back As She Covers US Weekly
- Rapper-The Game Honours Nelson Mandela With A New Tattoo
- Kanye West Says Being A Rapper Is Dangerous, Just Like A Cop Or Being At War
- PHOTOS: Keri Hilson Celebrates Her 31st Birthday With T-Pain & Others
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Maintain Your Skin During The Festive Period
- How To Date Someone With Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI)
- Everything You Should Know About Your Bra
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date