Can the path of a farmer’s son and a rich man’s daughter cross in the name of love?Born to an affluence home, Nadia Buari’s undying love for Adjetey Anang continues to thrive in the face of opposition from her rich dad and big sister.
Stanley [Adjetey Anang] is considered a ‘poor’ person because he has a farmer and a house wife as his parents and not welcomed near Frankie [Nadia Buari]. Though they love each other, their opposing status as rich and poor do not qualify them to have a relationship, according to a strict money worshiping Ikwe [David Dontoh].
Rain is a movie that will keep you at the edge of your seats. It is a love story that focuses on passion, emotion, and the affectionate involvement of two love birds that are tied together by destiny.
Every time it rains, there is remarkable story of a forbidden love, cultural difference, economic different and the sacrifices that are made in the face of human prejudice.
Stanley [Adjetey Anang] who came from a very poor background, opted to help Frankie [Nadia Buari] who lost her mother and was a victim of circumstances any time it rains. They fell in love and were faced with obstacles such as physical illness, various forms of discrimination, psychological restraints from a rich dad, Ikwe [David Dontoh] and the entire family who threatened to break their union of love.
Love and complexity complicated their arrangements and the pain that followed; one will wonder if indeed their story could end happily. As in all romantic relationship, tensions of day-to-day life, temptations [of infidelity], and differences in compatibility became the characteristics of their relationship. Two lovers who have gone their separate ways for years finally met and things became even more complicated.
‘Rain’ premieres on Friday March 16 at the Silverbird Cinema for a cool GHC 15.
Movie lovers would have a lot to cheer about, particularly, the basic premise of sequence and a powerful dialogue that portrays the unrequited story of the ‘Rain’. They will not only be thrilled but would be so glued to their seats with all round suspense until the very last scene of the film.
Rain is sensational, innovative, rejuvenating and it is full of suspense. It features Nadia Buari, Adjetey Anang, David Dontoh, Juliet Ibrahim, Frank Artus, Nana Akua Addo, J.O.T. Agyemang, Ekow Smith Asante, Alexis Ntsiakoh as well as upcoming movie stars.
It was written and directed by Willie Agenge, and produced by Nabil Meizongo for Silverline Film Production.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD: Justin Bieber Arrested Again | This Time in Canada for ‘Dangerous Driving and Assault’
- Big Brother Africa House Burnt | Organizers Have Suspended Launch of Big Brother Hotshots
- POETIC JUSTICE: Boy Who Recorded & Leaked His Banging Encounter with a Girl without Her Knowledge, Forced To Marry Her in Ghana
- Players in Ghana’s Movie Industry Are NOT Business Minded | They’ve Watched On Unconcerned For a Bank to Take Over Accra’s Only Biggest Surviving Cinema
- Classification Board Approves ‘Castro Amanehunu’ Movie – Actors In It Are Named: Castro, Janet, Asamoah Gyan & So Film Producers Association Says ‘We Won’t Allow It to Be Released’