Information available to GhanaCelebrities.Com says that actor Godwin Kotey is dead. Cause of death is not readily known but rumours going around town say he died of cancer.
Godwin Kotey was a remarkable man who was hailed as one of the great directors in Ghana. As an educator, actor, playwright, producer and director, he continues to inspire and set ablaze paths in the Performing Arts leaving distinct footprints with his flair, technique and originality.
Within the industry, Godwin’s unique style and innovation was the power with which he captivates audiences and distinguishes his work; and has over the years established himself as one of the most dedicated and creative directors in the country.
His achievements in the field include directing Smash TV in 1996 and 1997 and Taxi Driver in 1999. He was also one of the directors that took the ACRAG and Charted Institute of Marketing award for Best Television Programme of the year for Taxi Driver.
In 2001 at the prestigious African Film Festival in Burkina Faso – FESPACO Godwin won an award for Ghana with his film, The Scent of Danger. Godwin was the Creative Director for the internationally praised Opening and Closing Ceremonies of the 2008 African Cup of Nations in Ghana in 2008.
His upcoming work include: On behalf of the people – Documentary investigating and discussing topical issues affecting the Ghanaian in his daily life, Police Officer – The Series, Funny People – This is scheduled to be a weekly Stand Up comedy show featuring National and international talent.
GhanaCelebrities.Com’s hearts go out to the family of Godwin Kotey.
Godwin Kotey on Video Film
Below is him in ‘I Sing Of A Well’
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD: Justin Bieber Arrested Again | This Time in Canada for ‘Dangerous Driving and Assault’
- Big Brother Africa House Burnt | Organizers Have Suspended Launch of Big Brother Hotshots
- POETIC JUSTICE: Boy Who Recorded & Leaked His Banging Encounter with a Girl without Her Knowledge, Forced To Marry Her in Ghana
- Players in Ghana’s Movie Industry Are NOT Business Minded | They’ve Watched On Unconcerned For a Bank to Take Over Accra’s Only Biggest Surviving Cinema
- Classification Board Approves ‘Castro Amanehunu’ Movie – Actors In It Are Named: Castro, Janet, Asamoah Gyan & So Film Producers Association Says ‘We Won’t Allow It to Be Released’