TV3 Network’s Reality Show; Mentor came to a rather uninspiring end yesterday with Stone, the only male in the finals beating fellow five finalists to emerge as the winner of the sixth edition of the show aimed at discovering musical talents.
For wining Mentor 6, Stone wins a brand new Hyundai i10, a recording contract and an unspecified sum of money. Xta, Rhoda and Ann picked fourth, third and second positions respectively.
Going to the finals after 13 weeks of being groomed and coached by their mentors, Stone was sandwiched between 5 ladies, three [Rhoda, Ann and Xta] on his left and two [Lami and Rama] on his right but he remained unperturbed, resolute and came out as a proud winner.
Mentors of each of the finalists solicited for votes for them in a brief video recording before finally announcing the performer. Rhoda being mentored by Rex Omar opened the night by performing her mentor’s song ‘Dadadida’. Ann from sound engineer, Nacy’s camp followed up next to perform the award winning tune ‘Kotosa’ by Wutah.
The performances which proceeded after were high tempo songs. Silky voice Kwabena Kwabena introduced Xta who begun to rejuvenate the night by performing ‘Wala Aboloo’, a hot high tempo tune from gospel group Soul Winners. Stone, from Nacy’s camp graced the stage after with his creativity and dexterity to perform another award winning and controversial tune ‘Tuobodom’ from Hip life duo; Nkasei.
Performances before him were dry and nothing to write home about according to the judges. So his performance set a yardstick to judge the remaining contestants who didn’t impressed the judges with their deliveries.
Lami, mentored by Amandzeba Nat Brew performed the mentor’s classic tune ‘Kpanlogo Yede’ but the judges thought her performances wasn’t classic enough. Amandzeba disagreed with the judges when he finally returned to the stage to perform. Rama, another mentor of Rex Omar completed the first round by performing ‘Akwaakwa’. Like Lami, her performance wasn’t encouraging, according to the judges, Dominic and Mark. The two were subsequently evicted from the competition.
Xta, Rhoda, Stone and Ann performed in the second segment after which they both performed with their mentors. Nacy’s performance with Stone and Ann would be on the lips of many for a very long time. Also two of the contestants who he mentored won the first and second position respectively.
Join GhanaCelebrities.Com to congratulate Stone for his triumph and welcome him to the Ghana Music Industry.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Michael Adebolajo, The British-Muslim Convert Of Nigerian Origin Who Attempted To Behead And Disembowel A Young Soldier Was Inspired By Cleric Omar Bakri Mohammed
- Videos: Watch Yvonne Nelson’s Top 10 Music Videos
- Court Orders Confidence Haugen To Stop Using ‘STOLEN’ Logo
- OMG: Cannes Film Festival Falls For The Fake Psy Of Gangnam Syyle Fame
- PHOTOS From Miss Ghana 2012 1st Runner-Up Nadia Ntanu’s India Visit
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- VIDEO: Ray J Talks About Missing Kim, Him Being Responsible For Her Success & More
- I Never Said Jay-Z Was A ‘Tranny Chaser’ Says Foxy Brown
- New Music: ‘I’m Out ‘ By Ciara ft. Nicki Minaj
- PHOTOS: Nicki Minaj Spotted In NY Looking Miserable
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?