TV3 Network’s Reality Show; Mentor came to a rather uninspiring end yesterday with Stone, the only male in the finals beating fellow five finalists to emerge as the winner of the sixth edition of the show aimed at discovering musical talents.
For wining Mentor 6, Stone wins a brand new Hyundai i10, a recording contract and an unspecified sum of money. Xta, Rhoda and Ann picked fourth, third and second positions respectively.
Going to the finals after 13 weeks of being groomed and coached by their mentors, Stone was sandwiched between 5 ladies, three [Rhoda, Ann and Xta] on his left and two [Lami and Rama] on his right but he remained unperturbed, resolute and came out as a proud winner.
Mentors of each of the finalists solicited for votes for them in a brief video recording before finally announcing the performer. Rhoda being mentored by Rex Omar opened the night by performing her mentor’s song ‘Dadadida’. Ann from sound engineer, Nacy’s camp followed up next to perform the award winning tune ‘Kotosa’ by Wutah.
The performances which proceeded after were high tempo songs. Silky voice Kwabena Kwabena introduced Xta who begun to rejuvenate the night by performing ‘Wala Aboloo’, a hot high tempo tune from gospel group Soul Winners. Stone, from Nacy’s camp graced the stage after with his creativity and dexterity to perform another award winning and controversial tune ‘Tuobodom’ from Hip life duo; Nkasei.
Performances before him were dry and nothing to write home about according to the judges. So his performance set a yardstick to judge the remaining contestants who didn’t impressed the judges with their deliveries.
Lami, mentored by Amandzeba Nat Brew performed the mentor’s classic tune ‘Kpanlogo Yede’ but the judges thought her performances wasn’t classic enough. Amandzeba disagreed with the judges when he finally returned to the stage to perform. Rama, another mentor of Rex Omar completed the first round by performing ‘Akwaakwa’. Like Lami, her performance wasn’t encouraging, according to the judges, Dominic and Mark. The two were subsequently evicted from the competition.
Xta, Rhoda, Stone and Ann performed in the second segment after which they both performed with their mentors. Nacy’s performance with Stone and Ann would be on the lips of many for a very long time. Also two of the contestants who he mentored won the first and second position respectively.
Join GhanaCelebrities.Com to congratulate Stone for his triumph and welcome him to the Ghana Music Industry.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD: BBC Viewers Are Angry, 1,350 People Complain About 'EXCESSIVE' Coverage Of Mandela's Death
- Winner Of 2006 Miss Malaika-Hamamat Montia Has STOLEN A Car?
- DO YOU KNOW THAT: People Who Can Ignore Texts Or Calls Are Happier Than Those Who Answer?
- Nigeria’s Femi Kuti Nominated For A Grammy, Jay Z Tops Nominations + The Full List Of Nominees
- 2013 AfricaMagic Viewers’ Choice Awards Nominations Are In...Yvonne Okoro, Jackie Appiah, Majid Michel, Shirley Frimpong-Manso, Ken Attoh & Others Nominated!
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- Mike Tyson Has Cancelled His Book Signing Tour in UK Because He Is Barred From Britain Over Rape Conviction
- Kim Kardashian Says Her BODY Is Back As She Covers US Weekly
- Rapper-The Game Honours Nelson Mandela With A New Tattoo
- Kanye West Says Being A Rapper Is Dangerous, Just Like A Cop Or Being At War
- PHOTOS: Keri Hilson Celebrates Her 31st Birthday With T-Pain & Others
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
- Gabrielle Union Looking Super FAB At The Alvin Ailey 2013 Opening Night Gala
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Maintain Your Skin During The Festive Period
- How To Date Someone With Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI)
- Everything You Should Know About Your Bra
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date