Listen To The Audio Interview Below…
Unlike the past when screening for HIV/AIDS was a big issue for most people, screening for the deadly disease and knowing one’s status has been embraced due to awareness created by various NGO’s and the Government.
Even though the fight against stigmatization has not been won, the education and campaign championed so far has been very positive and welcomed at several quarters.
If an ordinary man chooses to screen for his HIV/AIDS, the world probably wouldn’t care about the outcome. On the flipside, when a known actor takes the same decision, especially in the presence of thousands, it is worth knowing the outcome.
2011 Ghana’s Favourite Male Actor, Prince David Osei confidently screened for HIV/AIDS last Saturday as his foundation screened students at the Labone Senior High School during their organised health screening and fitness programme.
In the presence of the hundreds of students, the actor got himself tested to open the screening process. In an interview with GhanaCelebrities.Com after going through several screening processes, he said, as the [Prince David Osei Foundation] organiser, he needed to live by the saying ‘leadership by example’, hence why he got screened first to encourage the students.
He said “I took this upon myself. I decided to screen for HIV/AIDS because leadership is by example so if you want the students to do it, you have to do it. I didn’t have a choice.
He continued, “It was my first time testing and anything could have happened. I was just daring and brave enough to go and do the HIV/AIDS test.
“Thank God the result was negative. Having done the test, I can also encourage other people to do it because I don’t think it is any scary thing.”
“If you know your status, it is good. At least, if it is negative then you become careful or if it is positive, you will have retroviral drugs that can lessen it. Whether it is positive or negative, life still goes on.”
Aside HIV/AIDS, the Prince David Osei Foundation screened students for Malaria Parasite, Syphilis, Sugar Level, Blood Pressure as well as eye screening.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Cannes Celebrates 100 Years of Bollywood with Gala Screening of BOMBAY TALKIES...India’s Top Directors – Karan Johar, Zoya Akhtar, Dibakar Banerjee & Anurag Kashyap Attend
- PHOTOS + Bola Ray Celebrates 10 Years At JOY FM
- FOR THOSE IN UK: Afrobeat Returns-Afrobeat Sundays May Bank Holiday Special
- R2Bees Wins ‘Artiste Of The Year’ At The 2013 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards + Full List Of The Winners…
- PHOTOS: Banky W, Wizkid, Bola Ray, Samini, StoneBwoy, R2Bees, Jupita, Ekow Smith Asante & Others At Pre-Vodafone Ghana Music Awards party At Excel Lounge!
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?