Listen To The Audio Interview Below…
Unlike the past when screening for HIV/AIDS was a big issue for most people, screening for the deadly disease and knowing one’s status has been embraced due to awareness created by various NGO’s and the Government.
Even though the fight against stigmatization has not been won, the education and campaign championed so far has been very positive and welcomed at several quarters.
If an ordinary man chooses to screen for his HIV/AIDS, the world probably wouldn’t care about the outcome. On the flipside, when a known actor takes the same decision, especially in the presence of thousands, it is worth knowing the outcome.
2011 Ghana’s Favourite Male Actor, Prince David Osei confidently screened for HIV/AIDS last Saturday as his foundation screened students at the Labone Senior High School during their organised health screening and fitness programme.
In the presence of the hundreds of students, the actor got himself tested to open the screening process. In an interview with GhanaCelebrities.Com after going through several screening processes, he said, as the [Prince David Osei Foundation] organiser, he needed to live by the saying ‘leadership by example’, hence why he got screened first to encourage the students.
He said “I took this upon myself. I decided to screen for HIV/AIDS because leadership is by example so if you want the students to do it, you have to do it. I didn’t have a choice.
He continued, “It was my first time testing and anything could have happened. I was just daring and brave enough to go and do the HIV/AIDS test.
“Thank God the result was negative. Having done the test, I can also encourage other people to do it because I don’t think it is any scary thing.”
“If you know your status, it is good. At least, if it is negative then you become careful or if it is positive, you will have retroviral drugs that can lessen it. Whether it is positive or negative, life still goes on.”
Aside HIV/AIDS, the Prince David Osei Foundation screened students for Malaria Parasite, Syphilis, Sugar Level, Blood Pressure as well as eye screening.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Boko Haram Release Video in Which They’re Slaughtering Civilians They Deem Infidels
- So I Was RIGHT After All? | Kwaw Kese’s Management & MUSIGA Issue Statement Asking the So Called Celebrities to Stop Their Social Media Comments & End the #FREEKWAWKESE Campaign
- Ugandan Maid in Child Assault Video Receives 4 Years in Jail | Is the Sentence Appropriate?
- Man Attempts Suicide in Volta Region Because His Girlfriend Dumped Him
- Where is Bishop Obinim & the Other Charlatans in Ghana? | The National Secretariat of the Domestic Violence and Victims’ Support Unit Says Reckless Abuse of People On the Increase in Ghana Done in the Name Of Religion