Listen To The Audio Interview Below…
Unlike the past when screening for HIV/AIDS was a big issue for most people, screening for the deadly disease and knowing one’s status has been embraced due to awareness created by various NGO’s and the Government.
Even though the fight against stigmatization has not been won, the education and campaign championed so far has been very positive and welcomed at several quarters.
If an ordinary man chooses to screen for his HIV/AIDS, the world probably wouldn’t care about the outcome. On the flipside, when a known actor takes the same decision, especially in the presence of thousands, it is worth knowing the outcome.
2011 Ghana’s Favourite Male Actor, Prince David Osei confidently screened for HIV/AIDS last Saturday as his foundation screened students at the Labone Senior High School during their organised health screening and fitness programme.
In the presence of the hundreds of students, the actor got himself tested to open the screening process. In an interview with GhanaCelebrities.Com after going through several screening processes, he said, as the [Prince David Osei Foundation] organiser, he needed to live by the saying ‘leadership by example’, hence why he got screened first to encourage the students.
He said “I took this upon myself. I decided to screen for HIV/AIDS because leadership is by example so if you want the students to do it, you have to do it. I didn’t have a choice.
He continued, “It was my first time testing and anything could have happened. I was just daring and brave enough to go and do the HIV/AIDS test.
“Thank God the result was negative. Having done the test, I can also encourage other people to do it because I don’t think it is any scary thing.”
“If you know your status, it is good. At least, if it is negative then you become careful or if it is positive, you will have retroviral drugs that can lessen it. Whether it is positive or negative, life still goes on.”
Aside HIV/AIDS, the Prince David Osei Foundation screened students for Malaria Parasite, Syphilis, Sugar Level, Blood Pressure as well as eye screening.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD: BBC Viewers Are Angry, 1,350 People Complain About 'EXCESSIVE' Coverage Of Mandela's Death
- Winner Of 2006 Miss Malaika-Hamamat Montia Has STOLEN A Car?
- DO YOU KNOW THAT: People Who Can Ignore Texts Or Calls Are Happier Than Those Who Answer?
- Nigeria’s Femi Kuti Nominated For A Grammy, Jay Z Tops Nominations + The Full List Of Nominees
- 2013 AfricaMagic Viewers’ Choice Awards Nominations Are In...Yvonne Okoro, Jackie Appiah, Majid Michel, Shirley Frimpong-Manso, Ken Attoh & Others Nominated!
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- Mike Tyson Has Cancelled His Book Signing Tour in UK Because He Is Barred From Britain Over Rape Conviction
- Kim Kardashian Says Her BODY Is Back As She Covers US Weekly
- Rapper-The Game Honours Nelson Mandela With A New Tattoo
- Kanye West Says Being A Rapper Is Dangerous, Just Like A Cop Or Being At War
- PHOTOS: Keri Hilson Celebrates Her 31st Birthday With T-Pain & Others
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
- Gabrielle Union Looking Super FAB At The Alvin Ailey 2013 Opening Night Gala
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Maintain Your Skin During The Festive Period
- How To Date Someone With Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI)
- Everything You Should Know About Your Bra
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date