Ms Suzy Kyei Boakye, 2011 third runner-up of Ghana’s Most Beautiful Icon, on Tuesday presented educational materials worth GHȼ 3,500 to Nyamaa Primary and Junior High Schools in Sunyani.
Ghana’s Most Beautiful is a programme telecast on TV3 network, with support from Henkcom Multi Media Services in Kumasi.
The materials comprised four computers and accessories, 1,000 exercise books, six dustbins and a number of hand washing bowls.
Making the presentation in Sunyani, Ms Boakye, who is a 25 year-old final year agriculture engineering student at Sunyani Polytechnic, said it was her priority to promote girl- child education in the region.
She advised the students to read their books and to respect school authorities to enable them to excel in the Basic Education Certificate Examination.
Ms Boakye advised parents to provide their children with basic educational needs to sustain their interest in school.
She urged the teachers to redouble their efforts in preparing the students to pass well in their examinations.
Mr. Kwasi Oppong-Ababio, Municipal Chief Executive, expressed the hope that all key actors in the educational sector, especially parents and guardians, would complement the efforts of the government by providing some basic learning materials to their children and wards.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- MISS SUPRANATIONAL GHANA Uses Ministry Of Tourism’s Name As a Sponsor ILLEGALLY – Ministry to Sue Organizers Or Distance Themselves
- Don’t Be FOOLED | 80% of Women Edit Holiday Snaps Before Sharing On Social Media
- Hit-and Run Minister Symptomatic of Bigger Problem in Ghanaian Society
- Gospel Musician-Grace Ashly Caught Cheating in Exams and Suspended From School
- WTF News: Man Beheads Son over Wife's Refusal to Sleep with Him in Ghana