Ms Suzy Kyei Boakye, 2011 third runner-up of Ghana’s Most Beautiful Icon, on Tuesday presented educational materials worth GHȼ 3,500 to Nyamaa Primary and Junior High Schools in Sunyani.
Ghana’s Most Beautiful is a programme telecast on TV3 network, with support from Henkcom Multi Media Services in Kumasi.
The materials comprised four computers and accessories, 1,000 exercise books, six dustbins and a number of hand washing bowls.
Making the presentation in Sunyani, Ms Boakye, who is a 25 year-old final year agriculture engineering student at Sunyani Polytechnic, said it was her priority to promote girl- child education in the region.
She advised the students to read their books and to respect school authorities to enable them to excel in the Basic Education Certificate Examination.
Ms Boakye advised parents to provide their children with basic educational needs to sustain their interest in school.
She urged the teachers to redouble their efforts in preparing the students to pass well in their examinations.
Mr. Kwasi Oppong-Ababio, Municipal Chief Executive, expressed the hope that all key actors in the educational sector, especially parents and guardians, would complement the efforts of the government by providing some basic learning materials to their children and wards.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- ‘Kpa Kpa Kpa’ Man Believes He’s Owed Royalties For The Use Of His Slogan By Some Companies For Their Ads
- WTF: Mortuary Man in Ghana Says He Chops Down the Dead Beautiful Women ALL THE TIME
- The Men of God Continue to Fight While Satan Laughs: Rev. Owusu Bempah Says Archbishop Duncan Williams Turned Against Him Because of NDC
- PDP is Calling on All Nigerians in Ghana | Travel to Nigeria and Vote For that Deserving Candidate-Goodluck Jonathan on February 14 For a Strong & Better Nigeria…
- Drinking Spot Operator Fined for Disturbing Public Peace | What Happens to the Countless Noisy Churches?