Ms Suzy Kyei Boakye, 2011 third runner-up of Ghana’s Most Beautiful Icon, on Tuesday presented educational materials worth GHȼ 3,500 to Nyamaa Primary and Junior High Schools in Sunyani.
Ghana’s Most Beautiful is a programme telecast on TV3 network, with support from Henkcom Multi Media Services in Kumasi.
The materials comprised four computers and accessories, 1,000 exercise books, six dustbins and a number of hand washing bowls.
Making the presentation in Sunyani, Ms Boakye, who is a 25 year-old final year agriculture engineering student at Sunyani Polytechnic, said it was her priority to promote girl- child education in the region.
She advised the students to read their books and to respect school authorities to enable them to excel in the Basic Education Certificate Examination.
Ms Boakye advised parents to provide their children with basic educational needs to sustain their interest in school.
She urged the teachers to redouble their efforts in preparing the students to pass well in their examinations.
Mr. Kwasi Oppong-Ababio, Municipal Chief Executive, expressed the hope that all key actors in the educational sector, especially parents and guardians, would complement the efforts of the government by providing some basic learning materials to their children and wards.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Players in Ghana’s Movie Industry Are NOT Business Minded | They’ve Watched On Unconcerned For a Bank to Take Over Accra’s Only Biggest Surviving Cinema
- Classification Board Approves ‘Castro Amanehunu’ Movie – Actors In It Are Named: Castro, Janet, Asamoah Gyan & So Film Producers Association Says ‘We Won’t Allow It to Be Released’
- T.B Joshua Says Ebola Virus’ is From the Pit of Hell
- Let’s Stop Complaining About the Youth Having No Moral Fibre | Ghana Has No Moral Fibre!
- Ministry of Tourism Distances Itself From SCANDALOUS MISS SUPRANATIONAL PAGEANT – Warns Organizers Not To Use The Ministry’s Name In Anything