Luckie Lawson’s movie, ‘Familiar Strangers’, starring top stars John Dumelo, Nana Ama McBrown, Roselyn Ngissah, and Prince David was released for the market last Monday, March 19.
The movie made the headlines months ago after a successful executive premiere on December 17 at new Maya Cova Restaurant, behind Manye Home Art Gallery in La. The event brought together the corporate world and kings and queens of Ghana and Nigeria’s movie industries.
Visible among them were Yvonne Nelson, Juliet Ibrahim, Nikki Samonas, Zynnell Lydia Zuh, Kobi Rana and Nollywood’s Halima Abubakar and the cast of the movie.
The movie is Luckie’s second after a successful ‘Silence Is Golden’ which starred Nollywood top acts Ramsey Nouah and Chika Ike.
‘Familiar Strangers’ is expected to be more successful than ‘Silence Is Golden’.
‘Familiar Strangers’ was directed by Pascal Amanfo and was shot on locations in Spintex, a suburb of Accra. It is about the unusual tale of three sisters (Luckie, Nana Ama and Roslyn) who are caught in a world of deceit, strange living and betrayal.
Luckie Lawson played ‘Wande’, a doctor with no child, even though she loved kids. On other hand, her sister (Nana Ama McBrown) who prioritizes sex over her kid has no time for her own child. Wande takes up the responsibility of taking care of her sister’s child and that of Roslyn’s.
One of the two irresponsible mothers decides to kill one of the kids and it was at this same time that Wande finds out that her sisters’ kids are rather her step-children. There, the thrills set in and movie fans can find out the whole story when the movie is released on Monday.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- So I Was RIGHT After All? | Kwaw Kese’s Management & MUSIGA Issue Statement Asking the So Called Celebrities to Stop Their Social Media Comments & End the #FREEKWAWKESE Campaign
- Ugandan Maid in Child Assault Video Receives 4 Years in Jail | Is the Sentence Appropriate?
- Man Attempts Suicide in Volta Region Because His Girlfriend Dumped Him
- Where is Bishop Obinim & the Other Charlatans in Ghana? | The National Secretariat of the Domestic Violence and Victims’ Support Unit Says Reckless Abuse of People On the Increase in Ghana Done in the Name Of Religion
- Prosecution Begins Appeal Of Oscar Pistorius’ Sentence