Listen To The Audio Below…
Former IBF Bantamweight Champion Joseph ‘King Kong’ Agbeko celebrated his 32nd year’s birthday last Saturday at the Golden Tulip Hotel in Accra. His birthday fell on Thursday, March 22 but due to training for his next bout, he decided to push the celebration forward.
The party which was for few people was organised by the team of the celebrated Ghanaian pugilist to interact with the media, close friends and associates as well as celebrate one more year added to his years.
Various personalities flocked the venue to celebrate the day with him. In attendance were his coach Adama Ardey, manager Eben Noye. Also in attendance were musician Tinny and actress Lydia Forson. The Ghana Boxing Authority was fully represented by its vice, Mr. Ahene Truly.
Metro TV’s Henry Annang and Happy FM’s Charles Osei Assibey were also present and together they all helped him to cut his birthday cake and shared drinks and meals available.
Agbeko after his infamous back-to-back lose against Abner Mares in California has been on the quiet to reflect on his career. After the second lose, his management deal with the American boxing promoter, Don King has hit the rocks.
Speaking to journalists, he said, he still remains grateful to the American promoter but feels the need to move on. He said Don King helped “me to be where I am now” and for that he appreciates him.
The Champ as he is affectionately called took advantage to tell the media about his upcoming IBO Bantamweight World Championship title bout against Filipino boxer Michael Domingo which is scheduled for Accra on Saturday May 26.
King Kong thanked Ghanaians for their prayers and support over the years. He promised to give Ghanaians another world title on May 26.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Players in Ghana’s Movie Industry Are NOT Business Minded | They’ve Watched On Unconcerned For a Bank to Take Over Accra’s Only Biggest Surviving Cinema
- Classification Board Approves ‘Castro Amanehunu’ Movie – Actors In It Are Named: Castro, Janet, Asamoah Gyan & So Film Producers Association Says ‘We Won’t Allow It to Be Released’
- T.B Joshua Says Ebola Virus’ is From the Pit of Hell
- Let’s Stop Complaining About the Youth Having No Moral Fibre | Ghana Has No Moral Fibre!
- Ministry of Tourism Distances Itself From SCANDALOUS MISS SUPRANATIONAL PAGEANT – Warns Organizers Not To Use The Ministry’s Name In Anything