The lead scout of the 2012 edition of Ghana’s most prestigious beauty pageant, Adi Plahar, says he is optimistic of an improved and exciting event this year.
The professional model instructor today said if the results achieved so far with the nationwide scouting process embarked upon by his competent team who went in search of beautiful, witty and purpose-driven young ladies for this year’s event is anything to go by, then an exciting competition beckons.
Plahar is upbeat about the success of this year’s event, after having toured the length and breadth of this country, interacted and identified potential beauty queens for this year’s event.
Plahar’s team would officially wrap up their process this weekend in Accra, after spending quality time in the other regions. Prior to making a grand entry into Accra, he is excited about the quality they found in the other nine regions.
“If what we saw in the regions is anything to go by, then I can confidently say we are going to have a keenly competitive event this year. We went in search of quality, and thankfully we got it in abundance,” he says.
The Miss Ghana brand according to Plahar is well celebrated and respected across the country, something that helped in making their work a lot easier.
“Because of the dignity and respect the pageant attracts from across board, it wasn’t difficult selling the idea to them. They respect the brand a lot so everybody is emotional, and has a passion for it. It was heartwarming especially in regions like the Northern, Central, Brong Ahafo, Ashanti and Volta to see the kind of patronage this year’s event is enjoying”.
Apart from generally scouting for potential contestants, Plahar’s team also visited Institutions like the University of Development Studies in both Navrongo and Wa, Catholic University in the Brong Ahafo region, Cape Coat University, All Nations University, Koforidua Polytechnic in the Eastern region, Ho Polytechnic, and the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST). KNUST, according to him, recorded the highest number of respondents of one hundred and eighty four (184).
“The turnout in Kumasi was great. The euphoria that met us was really touching. We identified fifty six (56) potential contestants amongst over a hundred interested participants!”
An observation Plahar hopes will change in the future is that some potential quality contestants shy away, citing religious and family reasons. Nevertheless he is hopeful that, the lucky ones who will compete in this year’s event, will put up a good case study to encourage the others that beauty pageants especially Miss Ghana have more societal benefits than just what they see on television.
Miss Ghana 2012 launches in a matter of weeks in Accra.
It is powered by Exclusive Events Ghana.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- BIG BROTHER AFRICA SEASON 8: The Chase-Seven Up Including Ghana’s Elikem
- OBS: A Ghanaian Nurse & Another Charged With 19 Counts Of Ill Treatment Of A Person Who Lacks Capacity In UK For Sleeping On Duty
- WEEKLY DISCUSSION: What Matters To You? Brand Names Or How You Look In An Outfit?
- POLITRICKS OF THE DAY: Rawlings Asks-Why Was Amidu Abandoned To Fight A Lonely Battle?
- Yvonne Nelson Sends Fathers’ Day Message To Her Mother | This Is What Happens When Ghanaian Fathers Are Irresponsible---A Clear Insult To Her Father
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- As Usual, Rihanna Kept Fans Waiting For 2 Hours In Birmingham
- PHOTO: Reggie Bush & His Baby
- PHOTOS: Christina Milian On Miss USA 2013 Red Carpet
- And You Wonder Why Chris Brown Keeps Going Back To Her? Karrueche Tran Spotted At Miami
- Serena Williams Flaunts Her Toned Beach Body & Of Course The Famous Backside At Miami
- Kim Kardashian Gives Birth to A Cute Baby Girl!
- Ciara Covers Fader Magazine
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Nanokeratin Brazilian Blow Dry: The Perfect Harmless Alternative to Hair Straightening
- Airbrush Temporary Tattoos- How They Work Best?
- PEPLUM LEGGINS…HOT or NOT?
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines