The lead scout of the 2012 edition of Ghana’s most prestigious beauty pageant, Adi Plahar, says he is optimistic of an improved and exciting event this year.
The professional model instructor today said if the results achieved so far with the nationwide scouting process embarked upon by his competent team who went in search of beautiful, witty and purpose-driven young ladies for this year’s event is anything to go by, then an exciting competition beckons.
Plahar is upbeat about the success of this year’s event, after having toured the length and breadth of this country, interacted and identified potential beauty queens for this year’s event.
Plahar’s team would officially wrap up their process this weekend in Accra, after spending quality time in the other regions. Prior to making a grand entry into Accra, he is excited about the quality they found in the other nine regions.
“If what we saw in the regions is anything to go by, then I can confidently say we are going to have a keenly competitive event this year. We went in search of quality, and thankfully we got it in abundance,” he says.
The Miss Ghana brand according to Plahar is well celebrated and respected across the country, something that helped in making their work a lot easier.
“Because of the dignity and respect the pageant attracts from across board, it wasn’t difficult selling the idea to them. They respect the brand a lot so everybody is emotional, and has a passion for it. It was heartwarming especially in regions like the Northern, Central, Brong Ahafo, Ashanti and Volta to see the kind of patronage this year’s event is enjoying”.
Apart from generally scouting for potential contestants, Plahar’s team also visited Institutions like the University of Development Studies in both Navrongo and Wa, Catholic University in the Brong Ahafo region, Cape Coat University, All Nations University, Koforidua Polytechnic in the Eastern region, Ho Polytechnic, and the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST). KNUST, according to him, recorded the highest number of respondents of one hundred and eighty four (184).
“The turnout in Kumasi was great. The euphoria that met us was really touching. We identified fifty six (56) potential contestants amongst over a hundred interested participants!”
An observation Plahar hopes will change in the future is that some potential quality contestants shy away, citing religious and family reasons. Nevertheless he is hopeful that, the lucky ones who will compete in this year’s event, will put up a good case study to encourage the others that beauty pageants especially Miss Ghana have more societal benefits than just what they see on television.
Miss Ghana 2012 launches in a matter of weeks in Accra.
It is powered by Exclusive Events Ghana.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD: BBC Viewers Are Angry, 1,350 People Complain About 'EXCESSIVE' Coverage Of Mandela's Death
- Winner Of 2006 Miss Malaika-Hamamat Montia Has STOLEN A Car?
- DO YOU KNOW THAT: People Who Can Ignore Texts Or Calls Are Happier Than Those Who Answer?
- Nigeria’s Femi Kuti Nominated For A Grammy, Jay Z Tops Nominations + The Full List Of Nominees
- 2013 AfricaMagic Viewers’ Choice Awards Nominations Are In...Yvonne Okoro, Jackie Appiah, Majid Michel, Shirley Frimpong-Manso, Ken Attoh & Others Nominated!
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- Kanye West Says Being A Rapper Is Dangerous, Just Like A Cop Or Being At War
- PHOTOS: Keri Hilson Celebrates Her 31st Birthday With T-Pain & Others
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
- Gabrielle Union Looking Super FAB At The Alvin Ailey 2013 Opening Night Gala
- Mariah Carey Looking ‘Christmasly’ Naughty & Cute As She Performs At Rockefeller Center
- Terrence Howard Secretly Marries Girlfriend After One Month Of Dating?
- Detective Says Paul Walker’s Car Was Going 90 MPH In A 45 MPH Speed Zone At Time Of Fatal Crash!
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Date Someone With Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI)
- Everything You Should Know About Your Bra
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date
- Secrets Your Man Would Not Want You To Know