Musician Wilhelmina Abiba Abu-Andani who recently changed her showbiz name from Mimi Divalish to Habiba has been appointed ambassador of WASH.
WASH is an initiative is from Water Aid In Ghana [WAG], an international non-governmental organisation dedicated to the providing and making accessible safe drinking water, basic sanitation and hygiene [WASH] to the underprivileged people in deprived districts and communities in Ghana.
WAG believes that access to these basic social services is a catalyst to poverty reduction. In line with their vision and mission, they are partnering with the ambassadors who have all agreed to help champion the cause by volunteering their time and efforts to become WASH ambassadors through a new fundraising and campaign initiative being undertaken by the Country Program.
Also appointed as ambassadors are Highlife musician Ben Brako, broadcasting journalist Shamima Muslim and actress Akorfa Ejeani-Asiedu. The rest are PRO of Musicians Union, Okyeame Kwame and Nana Kobina Nketia V, the Paramount Chief of Essikado [Sekondi] Traditional area.
The ambassadors will be expected to promote Behaviour Change towards improved health and hygiene education and cleanliness. Also to improve political prioritization of WASH to fight WASH poverty. They are also expected to champion the promotion of good sanitary and hygiene practices through the provision of water.
Again, they will popularize WASH messages through public speaking and presentation of campaign messages. They will use television, radio and print media to educate the youth, children and the general public about the need to improve sanitation and hygiene.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Blogging Is The New BIG Thing, A New Way To Make REAL Money Online-Start Your Own Blog Today For FREE
- BG: It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- And The Winner Is...Miss Universe 2013 Seems Like A BIG JOKE
- HEALTH & LIFESTYLE: Is What You Are Eating, Eating You?
- ANNOUNCEMENT: Entertainment & Fashion INTERNS Wanted!
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?