Musician Wilhelmina Abiba Abu-Andani who recently changed her showbiz name from Mimi Divalish to Habiba has been appointed ambassador of WASH.
WASH is an initiative is from Water Aid In Ghana [WAG], an international non-governmental organisation dedicated to the providing and making accessible safe drinking water, basic sanitation and hygiene [WASH] to the underprivileged people in deprived districts and communities in Ghana.
WAG believes that access to these basic social services is a catalyst to poverty reduction. In line with their vision and mission, they are partnering with the ambassadors who have all agreed to help champion the cause by volunteering their time and efforts to become WASH ambassadors through a new fundraising and campaign initiative being undertaken by the Country Program.
Also appointed as ambassadors are Highlife musician Ben Brako, broadcasting journalist Shamima Muslim and actress Akorfa Ejeani-Asiedu. The rest are PRO of Musicians Union, Okyeame Kwame and Nana Kobina Nketia V, the Paramount Chief of Essikado [Sekondi] Traditional area.
The ambassadors will be expected to promote Behaviour Change towards improved health and hygiene education and cleanliness. Also to improve political prioritization of WASH to fight WASH poverty. They are also expected to champion the promotion of good sanitary and hygiene practices through the provision of water.
Again, they will popularize WASH messages through public speaking and presentation of campaign messages. They will use television, radio and print media to educate the youth, children and the general public about the need to improve sanitation and hygiene.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- PHOTOS: Sarkodie Throws A Private All White Birthday Party for Girlfriend + MORE
- PHOTOS OF THE DAY: Jackie Appiah, Sandra Ankobiah, Becca, Joselyn Dumas, Ama K Abebrese, John Dumelo & A-Plus
- PHOTOS: Kenpong's Ditched Girlfriend-Mona 'Hajia4real' Steps Out After the Break-Up
- The Rise of 'Anchor Babies' With African Celebrity Mothers | Nadia Buari Joins Mercy Johnson & Others On the Train
- Cut the Crap | Why Don’t Men Want You to Kiss Them Right After S*cking Their Shyt?