Musician Wilhelmina Abiba Abu-Andani who recently changed her showbiz name from Mimi Divalish to Habiba has been appointed ambassador of WASH.
WASH is an initiative is from Water Aid In Ghana [WAG], an international non-governmental organisation dedicated to the providing and making accessible safe drinking water, basic sanitation and hygiene [WASH] to the underprivileged people in deprived districts and communities in Ghana.
WAG believes that access to these basic social services is a catalyst to poverty reduction. In line with their vision and mission, they are partnering with the ambassadors who have all agreed to help champion the cause by volunteering their time and efforts to become WASH ambassadors through a new fundraising and campaign initiative being undertaken by the Country Program.
Also appointed as ambassadors are Highlife musician Ben Brako, broadcasting journalist Shamima Muslim and actress Akorfa Ejeani-Asiedu. The rest are PRO of Musicians Union, Okyeame Kwame and Nana Kobina Nketia V, the Paramount Chief of Essikado [Sekondi] Traditional area.
The ambassadors will be expected to promote Behaviour Change towards improved health and hygiene education and cleanliness. Also to improve political prioritization of WASH to fight WASH poverty. They are also expected to champion the promotion of good sanitary and hygiene practices through the provision of water.
Again, they will popularize WASH messages through public speaking and presentation of campaign messages. They will use television, radio and print media to educate the youth, children and the general public about the need to improve sanitation and hygiene.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Afia Schwarzenegger Exposes Delay | Says She's A Wh*re Who Sleeps With Sakawa Boys & MORE
- Can We Recognise This Man For The Charlatan That He is? |This Tasteless Claiming of Credit for Disasters By T.B Joshua Has Got to Stop
- Why Are You Throwing Away Money Online? | It's Time to Put the Money in Your Pocket
- Chris Attoh Says 'I Was Lucky to Find Myself A Hot, Beautiful Nigerian Woman'
- South Africa’s Xenophobia: Former White President Of South Africa P.W. Botha’s Controversial Speech Vindicated- He Said ‘The Fact That, Blacks Look Like Human Beings And Act Like Human Beings Do Not Necessarily Make Them Sensible Human Beings. Give Them Guns And They Will Kill Each Other’