Many individuals including close friends and family have asked why a law graduate like ‘me’ pursuing a career in law has fanatical interest in Ghanaian Entertainment instead of politics.
The consistent nature of the above question reflects the strong desire and the interest Ghanaian lawyers and several highly educated individuals have in politics.
If the political game in Ghana is predominantly played by highly educated and intellectual minds, then, is it not only reasonable that we expect a fair game play-divorce of any anti-intellectual culture? Don’t we have the right, in fact a duty to demand an equitable game play by these highly intellectual minds?
Contrary to the above, the actions and omissions of many of our politicians, intellectual minds and rulers fall below what such great minds are accepted to reasonably exhibit in governance.
The common justification-politics is a dirty game played by decent and intellectual minds cannot even exonerate our Ghanaian politicians. Their actions go beyond the ordinary dirty skin well layered within politics.
Majority of our intellectual politicians seem not to be dirty game players, they are rather atrocious, wicked and above all, their desire for power and self enrichment supersede the interest of ordinary Ghanaian citizens.
Observing all the recent development in Ghanaian politics leaves me with no option than to keep a distance since it remains unattractive to my ‘little’ conscience.
There seems to be little which depict the fact that the political game in Ghana is being played by well educated and some of the greatest minds of today.
Partisan interests have overshadowed national interests. There is little or no over-reaching duty of accountability, fairness and respect for other political game players.
The once attractive and respected discipline of politics via which various great men served mother Ghana is over tainted with vengeance, corruption and absolute disregard for the rights of others.
Politics is a dirty game, but it is more than a dirty game in our part of this world. Until the political game field in Ghana is cleared of the accompanying anti-intellectual culture, it will continue to remain a no go area for several intellectual minds ready to serve mother Ghana.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Open Letter To BET…Can Africa Receive This Year’s Award On Your Main Stage Too?
- Confusing Calculated Lies With Publicity Stunts In Ghana Showbiz…When Will We Get It Right?
- Are Black Women Worth Anything More Than Their Backsides & Weaves?
- MUST READ: And You Wonder Why Ghanaian Music & Movies Ain’t Going NO Where?
- Stop Giving Your Money To Ghanaian Stars, Especially The Ladies Living Outside Ghana…
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?