Many individuals including close friends and family have asked why a law graduate like ‘me’ pursuing a career in law has fanatical interest in Ghanaian Entertainment instead of politics.
The consistent nature of the above question reflects the strong desire and the interest Ghanaian lawyers and several highly educated individuals have in politics.
If the political game in Ghana is predominantly played by highly educated and intellectual minds, then, is it not only reasonable that we expect a fair game play-divorce of any anti-intellectual culture? Don’t we have the right, in fact a duty to demand an equitable game play by these highly intellectual minds?
Contrary to the above, the actions and omissions of many of our politicians, intellectual minds and rulers fall below what such great minds are accepted to reasonably exhibit in governance.
The common justification-politics is a dirty game played by decent and intellectual minds cannot even exonerate our Ghanaian politicians. Their actions go beyond the ordinary dirty skin well layered within politics.
Majority of our intellectual politicians seem not to be dirty game players, they are rather atrocious, wicked and above all, their desire for power and self enrichment supersede the interest of ordinary Ghanaian citizens.
Observing all the recent development in Ghanaian politics leaves me with no option than to keep a distance since it remains unattractive to my ‘little’ conscience.
There seems to be little which depict the fact that the political game in Ghana is being played by well educated and some of the greatest minds of today.
Partisan interests have overshadowed national interests. There is little or no over-reaching duty of accountability, fairness and respect for other political game players.
The once attractive and respected discipline of politics via which various great men served mother Ghana is over tainted with vengeance, corruption and absolute disregard for the rights of others.
Politics is a dirty game, but it is more than a dirty game in our part of this world. Until the political game field in Ghana is cleared of the accompanying anti-intellectual culture, it will continue to remain a no go area for several intellectual minds ready to serve mother Ghana.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- GC Was RIGHT: Menaye Donkor is PREGNANT...Confirmed | See Photo Evidence
- My Take On the Increasing Xenophobic Attacks in South Africa + Why Blame Slavery, Apartheid or the White Man For This Too?
- VIDEO: Even If Ms Ada-The YFM’s Presenter Who Claims to Have Been Kidnapped & Gang-Raped is Mentally Unstable, What About the Guys in the Photos? + MORE
- ¿Qué pasa? : PHOTOS + the Adventure of One Small Hand Luggage & Just 100 Euros | Chris-Vincent to Spend A Whole Month in Barcelona With Access to NOTHING…
- Vodafone Ghana Music Awards 2015 Review: Sorry to Everyone Who Tortured Himself for Over 6 Hours to Watch Bad Pictures, Endure Bad Sound, Bad Stage Coordination, Bad Performances, Bad Production & Bad Everything…