Many individuals including close friends and family have asked why a law graduate like ‘me’ pursuing a career in law has fanatical interest in Ghanaian Entertainment instead of politics.
The consistent nature of the above question reflects the strong desire and the interest Ghanaian lawyers and several highly educated individuals have in politics.
If the political game in Ghana is predominantly played by highly educated and intellectual minds, then, is it not only reasonable that we expect a fair game play-divorce of any anti-intellectual culture? Don’t we have the right, in fact a duty to demand an equitable game play by these highly intellectual minds?
Contrary to the above, the actions and omissions of many of our politicians, intellectual minds and rulers fall below what such great minds are accepted to reasonably exhibit in governance.
The common justification-politics is a dirty game played by decent and intellectual minds cannot even exonerate our Ghanaian politicians. Their actions go beyond the ordinary dirty skin well layered within politics.
Majority of our intellectual politicians seem not to be dirty game players, they are rather atrocious, wicked and above all, their desire for power and self enrichment supersede the interest of ordinary Ghanaian citizens.
Observing all the recent development in Ghanaian politics leaves me with no option than to keep a distance since it remains unattractive to my ‘little’ conscience.
There seems to be little which depict the fact that the political game in Ghana is being played by well educated and some of the greatest minds of today.
Partisan interests have overshadowed national interests. There is little or no over-reaching duty of accountability, fairness and respect for other political game players.
The once attractive and respected discipline of politics via which various great men served mother Ghana is over tainted with vengeance, corruption and absolute disregard for the rights of others.
Politics is a dirty game, but it is more than a dirty game in our part of this world. Until the political game field in Ghana is cleared of the accompanying anti-intellectual culture, it will continue to remain a no go area for several intellectual minds ready to serve mother Ghana.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- GC GiveAway: WIN The Personalized Beading Long Sleeved Bandage Dress Yvonne Okoro Wore This Weekend For FREE
- If You Are Looking For A ‘Good Girl’, Stay Away From The Social Media JUNKIES
- It Can’t Get Any Better Than This | ‘Sparrow Productions’ Launches The ‘4 BIG THINGS’- A New MOVIE, New LOGO, Adams Apples Season 2 DVD, Sparrow Station & A Short Film…
- OPENED GOSSIP: A Ghanaian Footballer Has 4 Children Outside His Marriage & Wife Doesn’t Know What The HECK To Do!
- Inferiority Complex of the Modern Black Woman-Fake Accent & Skin Bleaching
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- Rapper-The Game Honours Nelson Mandela With A New Tattoo
- Kanye West Says Being A Rapper Is Dangerous, Just Like A Cop Or Being At War
- PHOTOS: Keri Hilson Celebrates Her 31st Birthday With T-Pain & Others
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
- Gabrielle Union Looking Super FAB At The Alvin Ailey 2013 Opening Night Gala
- Mariah Carey Looking ‘Christmasly’ Naughty & Cute As She Performs At Rockefeller Center
- Terrence Howard Secretly Marries Girlfriend After One Month Of Dating?
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Date Someone With Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI)
- Everything You Should Know About Your Bra
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date
- Secrets Your Man Would Not Want You To Know