The ‘Wengeze’ hit maker was planning fervently for the release of her new music video ‘Go Go Wind’ which took place at Rockstone’s Office on Friday.
Few days to the event and what seems like low publicity for the video premiere, her label, Lynx Entertainment released a press statement stating categorically clear that, they are handing over the artiste to broadcaster KOD for a new management deal.
General Manager of Lynx Ghana, Mother Company of Lynx Entertainment, Albert Mensah who signed the release said the decision to transfer/hand Eazzy to KOD was after a series of meeting and mutual agreement.
According to sources, the release by Lynx Entertainment affected the already-not-impressive publicity for the video premiere. Sources said that, KOD had planned series of interviews on radio and television for Eazzy to beef up the publicity for the event “but Lynx Entertainment’s press statement killed the plan” said the source.
This was several months after GhanaCelebrities.Com had reported that, all is not well with the artiste and the label and that there are plans for her exit. A report that was vehemently denied by Lynx and Eazzy.
Before the video premiere, unconfirmed news of her selection as one of Ghana’s representative to the upcoming Big Brother Africa (BBA) reality show, the ‘Stargame’ edition popped up on the internet.
The news has not been confirmed due to the fact that M-Net and the series producers Endemol do not allow contestants to speak on their selection prior to the commencing date.
According to the news, Eazzy is set to represent Ghana alongside her boyfriend Keita Osei, a younger brother of Hip Life grandpapa, Reggie Rockstone. Also joining them is PY Addo, co-host of Viasat1’s ‘One Show’.The show is scheduled to start on Sunday May 6, 2012.
Could it be that Eazzy does not want her dying label to pull her down with this new opportunity and as such decided to distance herself before the light goes green?
On the issue of Eazzy representing Ghana at Big Brother Africa, many individuals including Chris-Vincent Agyapong Febiri, Editor of GhanaCelebrities.Com believe it is a wrong move for her and her career.
Chris explains that, “even though Big Brother Africa is a huge platform which one can use to sell a brand or products to millions of Africans, many have gone on there and have not been able to sell anything”.
“The platform is big but you must have a perfectly packaged brand or product to sell before you step on it. What will Eazzy be selling? She has to focus on her career, build a strong brand and make songs that can cut across, and then she can proceed to seek such platforms to market these things” he added.
He continued that “until there is something to sell, it is useless to go there. Ras Wayo, Confidence Haugen and others have been on there. What did the publicity bring them? It all died with the end of the show. This is because they did not have anything well prepared or branded to sell. I am discounting the probability of her winning the money because it is highly infinitesimal”.
On the other side of things, flyers and posters are being distributed in London by Akwaaba UK which states that, Eazzy will be performing at their ‘Azonto Party’ on May 5, 2012, a day after Big Brother Africa will kick off.
Where will Eazzy be? Let’s wait to see. Anyway, what do you think about Eazzy going to represent Ghana at BBA?
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- SOMEHERE IN THE WORLD: Kenyan Senator Caught Photoshopping Nelson Mandela Tribute Picture
- PHOTOS: Nadia Buari, Jim Iyke & Others At The Press Screening ‘The Diary of Imogen Brown’ In Accra
- SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD: BBC Viewers Are Angry, 1,350 People Complain About 'EXCESSIVE' Coverage Of Mandela's Death
- Winner Of 2006 Miss Malaika-Hamamat Montia Has STOLEN A Car?
- DO YOU KNOW THAT: People Who Can Ignore Texts Or Calls Are Happier Than Those Who Answer?
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- Oprah Winfrey Says She Has No Regrets About Not Having Kids
- Mike Tyson Has Cancelled His Book Signing Tour in UK Because He Is Barred From Britain Over Rape Conviction
- Kim Kardashian Says Her BODY Is Back As She Covers US Weekly
- Rapper-The Game Honours Nelson Mandela With A New Tattoo
- Kanye West Says Being A Rapper Is Dangerous, Just Like A Cop Or Being At War
- PHOTOS: Keri Hilson Celebrates Her 31st Birthday With T-Pain & Others
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Maintain Your Skin During The Festive Period
- How To Date Someone With Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI)
- Everything You Should Know About Your Bra
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date