It is always great to have multiple sources of income. When it comes to showbiz, it is common to see musicians diving into movies, and the vice versa. However, if the add-on is not properly done, one can easily loose hus/her sense of direction, focus and even all that he/she has already achieved in a particular field, just to chase a ghost he or she may never catch.
Fast rising Ghanaian songstress-Efya, real name Jane Awindor is in the news for making a jump into Ghanaian movies. I am not sure who are the brains behind some of our talents, because it seems any time they are getting better, they hastily jump into other things which kills the momentum and greatness they are steadily building.
Efya as a musician has not even achieved a quater of her worth-Greatness. She is still struggling to reconcile with her enormous musical talent and build a brand or a sustainable career…So why this hasty jump into movies? Why can’t we conquer or achieve our best before we look into other things as Africans?
Reports have it that, Efya is cast to play a major role in an upcoming Ghanaian movie alongside top acts-Chris Attoh, Nadia Buari, Kofi Adjorlolo, and Yvonne Nelson among others from Nigeria…
Do you guys think this is necessary looking at talent and career development of Efya? Obviously I do not! What is the recent big deal about everyone wanting to be an Actor/Actress? Do not tell me is the money because it is not that good.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Ama K. Abebrese 'Says' Let Your Natural Hair Breath
- Josh Laryea Schools Ghana Music Awards Board – ‘A Songwriter/Composer is a 100% Musician’ | So Akwaboah’s Nomination is Out of Order
- You've Seen the Photos | Now Watch the Video From Juliet Ibrahim's 28th Birthday Party
- Shirley Frimpong Manso, Jackie Appiah & Joselyn Dumas at 2014 Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards
- Emelia Brobbey in a Car Accident | Family Says She is Well But…