Miss World 2011 Ivian Sarcos is scheduled to make a historic 5 days visit to Ghana.
Then Miss Venezuela, Ivian Sarcos in London last year was crowned queen of the oldest surviving major international beauty pageant; Miss World, whiles Ghana’s rep Miss Stephanie Adwoa Adjeiwaa Karikari jointly won the ‘Beauty with a Purpose (BWP)’ honour with Miss Indonesia.
The 22 year old Venezuelan queen is expected to touch down in Ghana on Saturday 19th and jet off on Wednesday 23rd of May. Her historic visit to Ghana forms part of the plans by the Miss World organization to support winners of the beauty with a purpose award.
The ‘Beauty with a Purpose (BWP)’ is honour to contestants who have made real differences in the lives of people in their countries; especially those of underprivileged children.
What won Miss Stephanie Karikari the BWP honour was a project to build a state of the art nursery for a day care facility at Ayalolo to help the children at Sodom and Gomorrah slum in the Central Business District of Accra.
Ghana will be on the global compass as the entire Miss World team will be accompanying Ivian Sarcos to Ghana. Also coming down to Ghana are first and second runner ups, Miss Philippines and Miss Puerto Rico, Miss World Europe, Chairman and Chief Executive of the Miss World organization Julia Morley, and some members of the international press among others.
A charity Ball will be held on the 22nd of May 2012 at the Banquet Hall, State House to help raise funds for Miss Ghana 2010, Stephanie Karkari’s nursery project. During this exclusive and special event, the Miss Ghana 2012 pageant will be launched. Limited tickets are available for just 400 guests. To make a purchase, call 0302 763986 or 0246302325.
The Miss World Team will also pay courtesy calls on very important personalities in and outside the capital, Accra. In addition, they will visit some important tourist attraction sites.
“We’re going to Ghana to work on a project there and I know that she’s a down-to-earth person and she won’t be afraid to get her hands dirty,” Miss World Chairman and Chief executive Julia Morley, has told news agency AFP.
“I want to carry on doing the wonderful work that Beauty with a Purpose and the Miss World organization does and to help people in need,” Ivian Sarcos also told the AFP.
“I want to help “people like me” – other orphans,” she added.
Exclusive Events Ghana, organizers of the Miss Ghana pageant have said everything has been put in place to ensure a successful visit.
“We are ready to host them. This is a historic visit, which must be celebrated to the fullest. Together, we can make it happen, and we know that just as Stephanie was able to make us proud, the team will leave here with fond memories,” Inna Patty, M.D, Exclusive Events Ghana says.
Miss Ghana 2012 is an Exclusive Events Ghana event, and supported by Manet Properties, Ghandour Cosmetics, Africa Cola, Ederick Ghana Limited, FC Skin & Beauty Klinik, Special Ice Mineral Water, Accents& Arts, TT Brothers, International Energy Insurance (IEI), Edern Security, Intercom Programming & Manufacturing Company Limited (IPMC) and Total Fitness Health Club.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Cannes Celebrates 100 Years of Bollywood with Gala Screening of BOMBAY TALKIES...India’s Top Directors – Karan Johar, Zoya Akhtar, Dibakar Banerjee & Anurag Kashyap Attend
- PHOTOS + Bola Ray Celebrates 10 Years At JOY FM
- FOR THOSE IN UK: Afrobeat Returns-Afrobeat Sundays May Bank Holiday Special
- R2Bees Wins ‘Artiste Of The Year’ At The 2013 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards + Full List Of The Winners…
- PHOTOS: Banky W, Wizkid, Bola Ray, Samini, StoneBwoy, R2Bees, Jupita, Ekow Smith Asante & Others At Pre-Vodafone Ghana Music Awards party At Excel Lounge!
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?