A lot of water has passed under the bridge for Mzbel but she still remains resolute, growing more as an artiste and probably not looking back at some of the negativity.
Show-business and private life are two different things but people who over the years have not been able to differentiate between the two have always had an issue with Mzbel’s fashion sense.
For their lack of understanding of the industry, others have castigated her for her bad-girl look when on stage. But it’s on record that, she dresses differently when not performing, so it’s still baffling when people think otherwise and call her names.
She has faced the wrath of certain people for many years but like the saying goes, what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger, Mzbel have hinted that, it’s time for her to rebrand herself, since she is not a teenager any more.
Age is just a number but it is catching up with the hits maker. Speaking to Murtala Muntari, host of Spot Light on TV3, Mzbel said, “I’m growing. I’m not a teenager any more. So the style has to grow”.
Despite the various criticisms, many still love, appreciate and have fallen in love with her because of her fashion sense. How would such fans feel about the re-branding?
She continued that, she will still dress to attract attention like she has always done but, this time around; it will be done in a mature way– not the provocative manner.
Asked if the rebranding will affect her music, she said “No, it’s not going to affect my music”, continuing that, she will still do Hip Life, Ghanaian music, still perform like always.
She stressed that, she is changing how she makes up and her clothing.
Her albums have lots of fast tempo and danceable tunes with features of hot raps from other Hip Life artistes. As part of the rebranding, Mzbel would be moving away from the fast paced songs to rather calm and slow tunes.
Listen to the interview with Murtala Muntari:
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- It’s Happening Tonight in London | The Premiere of DOUBLE CROSS Featuring Ama K. Abebrese, John Dumelo, Adjetey Anang, Jasmine Baroudi & Others
- PHOTOS OF THE DAY: Yvonne Nelson, Sandra Ankobiah, Adjetey Anang, Ama K Abebrese, John Dumelo, Kafui Danku, Eazzy & Nana Ama McBrown
- ‘Family Album’ Featuring Majid Michel, Christabel Ekeh, Kofi Adjorlolo, Kafui Danku, Roselyn Ngissah & Others to Be Premiered on 7th November in Accra | Watch the Trailer
- Kumi Guitar says the Ghana Music Awards Controversy Made Him a Bit Popular
- Watch Shirley Frimpong Manso’s New Drama Series ‘V-REPUBLIC’ Now | Episode 1 & 2 For FREE