MULTIPLE award winning actress, Nadia Buari has given the chance for all sorts of things to be speculated about her private and public lives due to her inability to open up to the media when called upon for interviews or to react to stories, GhanaCelebrities.Com has observed.
When a fast growing and an established actress like herself decide to shun interviews totally or choose to speak to ‘particular’ media practitioners is a major concern and gives the rest the opportunity to be speculative about her.
Twice Ghana Movie Awards Best Supporting Actress is touted as not media friendly and rightly so, over the years, her actions and inactions has vindicated the people who share such sentiments.
Aside not being in love with the media, like some people would want to call it, Nadia has always been absent at her movie premieres. For someone who has fewer friends in the make-believe industry, attending premieres of movies she did not feature in, is perhaps a no go area for her. Other actors/actresses always attend premieres to give moral support to their friends in the movie.
Though she has been spotted at some premieres, the general perception about her is that, she always absents herself from movie premieres.
Speaking to journalists yesterday at Silverbird Cinemas in Accra, after the press preview of her latest movie titled ‘Heroes and Zeros’, Nadia set the records straight concerning her perceive ignoring of premieres.
“Don’t get it twisted and don’t tell people that I don’t show up at my own premieres” said Nadia when asked if she will be around on the day of the premiere on June 8.
With a straight face, Nadia lamented that, a lot of time, she is not told of when and where the movie is going to be premiered. She said, they only call her sometimes, two or three days to the premiere hence turning them down, since according to her, she needs enough time.
She said if the premiere schedule is communicated to her on time, there is no way she will not be there.
‘Heroes & Zeros’ is the story of the destructive pursuance of Tonia (Nadia Buari) by Amos Fele (Bimbo Manuel). Ten years ago, Amos Fele was a wealthy Celebrity Director in the Nigerian Film Industry. Now he lives in a ramshackle flat, doing occasional low-paying TV Commercials for nameless products. He’s a daily comic relief on the local soccer practice pitch: because though he’s already 45 years old, he nurses a new, insane dream of making it into the dollar-soaked world of international soccer!
‘Heroes & Zeros’ stars Olu Jacobs, Tina Mba, Akin Lewis, Funsho Adeolu, Norbert Young, Linda Ejiofor, Gabriel Afolayan, Jude Urhorra, Brigette Cherile and others.
Listen to the audio below
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Cannes Celebrates 100 Years of Bollywood with Gala Screening of BOMBAY TALKIES...India’s Top Directors – Karan Johar, Zoya Akhtar, Dibakar Banerjee & Anurag Kashyap Attend
- PHOTOS + Bola Ray Celebrates 10 Years At JOY FM
- FOR THOSE IN UK: Afrobeat Returns-Afrobeat Sundays May Bank Holiday Special
- R2Bees Wins ‘Artiste Of The Year’ At The 2013 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards + Full List Of The Winners…
- PHOTOS: Banky W, Wizkid, Bola Ray, Samini, StoneBwoy, R2Bees, Jupita, Ekow Smith Asante & Others At Pre-Vodafone Ghana Music Awards party At Excel Lounge!
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?