The maiden edition of the ‘Ghana Meets Naija’ musical concert was last year introduced to celebrate and unite musicians in Ghana and Nigeria. The brand is growing with exciting packages and it is swiftly becoming a force to reckon with.
The idea was conceived and birthed by MC extraordinaire, Bola Ray, nurtured by his Empire Entertainment crew to bring the two West African countries together on one stage in the musical realm.
The brand itself is a unifier with a sole aim of championing peace and co-existence between the two countries who have become role models to the rest on the continent.
Ghana Meets Naija in its second season is perhaps the first and the biggest concert on the African continent where the very best of artistes with smashing hits from the two countries are assembled on one platform to entertain thousands of music enthusiasts.
The first edition took place last year on Republic Day, 1st July in Ghana’s capital; Accra, inside the Dome of the International Conference Centre with a packed but gentle crowd, thunderous and everlasting performances coupled with mind boggling stage crafts from various top artistes.
From Ghana’s camp last year were D-Cryme, Ruff N Smooth, Efya, 4X4, Stay J, VIP, Kwaw Kese and Sarkodie, whiles the Naija brothers paraded J-Martins, 9ice, 2Face Idibia, and Naeto C.
This year Ghana is fielding come back duo Buk Bak, ‘madman’ Kwaw Kese, best group of the year 4X4, Lapaz Toyota crooner, Guru, female dancehall artiste Kakie, ItzTiffany, R2Bees, Keche, Sarkodie among others. From Nigerian will be Tiwa Savage, Davido of ‘Dami Duro’ fame, Chocolate City boys of Brymo, M.I.
Due to how successful the first edition was, many companies have joined in to sponsor this year’s edition and to offer exciting packages to patrons who will troupe to the venue for the show.
Yesterday at the Golden Tulip Hotel, the 2012 edition was launched with mouth watering packages from the sponsors. Coming on board this year is MTN who have promised to give unspecified free call credits at the venue.
MTN will also be giving away free internet modems and blackberry phones. Moet et Chandon, one of the world’s largest champagne producers will be dishing out free champagnes at the entrance.
Returning sponsor, rLG have also hinted that, they will be giving away number of their phones – all models.
Last year, Ghana Meets Naija exceeded all expectations and became the biggest and most exciting concert in Ghana. This year is schedule for the same venue, Dome of the Accra International Conference Centre on June 30, 2012 promises to be ‘extra’ exciting.
Join Ghana Meets Naija on Twitter via @GHMeetsNaija. You can tweet back with the hashtag to #GhanaMeetsNaija
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD: BBC Viewers Are Angry, 1,350 People Complain About 'EXCESSIVE' Coverage Of Mandela's Death
- Winner Of 2006 Miss Malaika-Hamamat Montia Has STOLEN A Car?
- DO YOU KNOW THAT: People Who Can Ignore Texts Or Calls Are Happier Than Those Who Answer?
- Nigeria’s Femi Kuti Nominated For A Grammy, Jay Z Tops Nominations + The Full List Of Nominees
- 2013 AfricaMagic Viewers’ Choice Awards Nominations Are In...Yvonne Okoro, Jackie Appiah, Majid Michel, Shirley Frimpong-Manso, Ken Attoh & Others Nominated!
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- Mike Tyson Has Cancelled His Book Signing Tour in UK Because He Is Barred From Britain Over Rape Conviction
- Kim Kardashian Says Her BODY Is Back As She Covers US Weekly
- Rapper-The Game Honours Nelson Mandela With A New Tattoo
- Kanye West Says Being A Rapper Is Dangerous, Just Like A Cop Or Being At War
- PHOTOS: Keri Hilson Celebrates Her 31st Birthday With T-Pain & Others
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
- Gabrielle Union Looking Super FAB At The Alvin Ailey 2013 Opening Night Gala
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Maintain Your Skin During The Festive Period
- How To Date Someone With Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI)
- Everything You Should Know About Your Bra
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date