John Dumelo is undoubtedly the ladies man and currently one of the most popular Ghanaian Actors in the world.
Even if I was uncertain about the above claim, the mob who chased in around for photos, kisses and hand shakes during his recently short visit to London’s busiest shopping mall-Stratford Westfield on Thursday would have been enough to confirm the assertion.
The John Dumelo brand which he refers to as ‘J. Melo’ have been well engrained into the hearts of many African movie lovers across the Globe. It has surely come to stay and with a little push, it would be able to strongly compete with well established top celebrity brands trending in the world.
Would you consider it as an exaggeration if I tell you that almost all the ‘coloured’ people at the shopping mall on Thursday wanted a piece of the J. Melo brand?
It was shocking to me as to how non Ghanaians and Nigerians living far away in London could easily make out John Dumelo despite his conscious attempt to hide behind his designer sunglasses.
What was supposed to be a catch up between Chris-Vincent Agyapong Febiri, Editor of the popular Entertainment & Celebrity Blog-GhanaCelebrities.Com and John Dumelo turned into an informal ‘Meet & Greet The Fans’ and ‘Autography’ signing for the man who has added a great deal of substance to African cinema by giving movie roles befitting lives.
As much as some of the people who joined the endless queues to take photos with John Dumelo could not remember his real name (probably because they do not pay attention to such details in movies), they nicely referred to him as ‘Nollywood’ and did not care to wait around for their turn of poses and shots.
It will not be shocking if in the next months or years; prestigious corporate bodies in and out of Africa develop astronomical interests in the John Dumelo brand to represent their products and the values they stand for.
In between the above mob attacks, John Dumelo had a chit chat with GhanaCelebrities.Com on a range of issues- branding among African Celebrities, state of affairs in the African Movie Industry, his pipelined projects, the relationships between African Celebrities and the way forward for the fast developing African cinema.
The Yvonne Okoro’s indecent exposure and alleged ‘nipple slip’ appearance which became the ‘talk of the town’ after the recent African Movie Academy Awards found its way into the conversation.
John stated that, he did not see anything wrong with the whole ‘boobs’ exposure and rather saw it as sexy. For him, it was classy and tasteful. He continued by saying that ‘if I had a wife, that is the way I will want her to dress’.
Addressing the unending allegation that he is a womanizer and that is the main reason he has not been able to name a single woman as his girlfriend though he claims to be in a serious relationship.
John Dumelo mentioned that, it is for the serenity of his relationship that he has not named his girlfriend. ‘ If I am dating someone called Abena, I am going to keep the name private until the week or day to my wedding’ he said.
He explained that he once named his girlfriend and the hate text messages, calls and threats she received from random people have thought him a life lesson.
When questioned on how long he has been with this mystery girlfriend, he was unwilling to answer. He however slipped of and mentioned that ‘I have been dating her for like more than a year’.
His answer fetched him many questions concerning his relationship with this mystery woman (Check video chit chat below for more).
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- DO YOU KNOW THAT: Beauty Isn't Just Skin Deep? Scientists Say Pretty Women Tend To Be 'Less Stressed And More Fertile'
- FOR THE LADIES: Submerging Your Face In CUCUMBER Water Every Day Is Kate Moss’ Beauty Secret…Are Your Read To Do That?
- ALL THE PHOTOS From Ghanaian/Nigerian Actress Ebi Bright’s Birthday Party Feat. Abdul Sallam, Pascaline Edwards, Beverly Afaglo, Richie & Others
- Cannes Celebrates 100 Years of Bollywood with Gala Screening of BOMBAY TALKIES...India’s Top Directors – Karan Johar, Zoya Akhtar, Dibakar Banerjee & Anurag Kashyap Attend
- PHOTOS + Bola Ray Celebrates 10 Years At JOY FM
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?