John Dumelo is undoubtedly the ladies man and currently one of the most popular Ghanaian Actors in the world.
Even if I was uncertain about the above claim, the mob who chased in around for photos, kisses and hand shakes during his recently short visit to London’s busiest shopping mall-Stratford Westfield on Thursday would have been enough to confirm the assertion.
The John Dumelo brand which he refers to as ‘J. Melo’ have been well engrained into the hearts of many African movie lovers across the Globe. It has surely come to stay and with a little push, it would be able to strongly compete with well established top celebrity brands trending in the world.
Would you consider it as an exaggeration if I tell you that almost all the ‘coloured’ people at the shopping mall on Thursday wanted a piece of the J. Melo brand?
It was shocking to me as to how non Ghanaians and Nigerians living far away in London could easily make out John Dumelo despite his conscious attempt to hide behind his designer sunglasses.
What was supposed to be a catch up between Chris-Vincent Agyapong Febiri, Editor of the popular Entertainment & Celebrity Blog-GhanaCelebrities.Com and John Dumelo turned into an informal ‘Meet & Greet The Fans’ and ‘Autography’ signing for the man who has added a great deal of substance to African cinema by giving movie roles befitting lives.
As much as some of the people who joined the endless queues to take photos with John Dumelo could not remember his real name (probably because they do not pay attention to such details in movies), they nicely referred to him as ‘Nollywood’ and did not care to wait around for their turn of poses and shots.
It will not be shocking if in the next months or years; prestigious corporate bodies in and out of Africa develop astronomical interests in the John Dumelo brand to represent their products and the values they stand for.
In between the above mob attacks, John Dumelo had a chit chat with GhanaCelebrities.Com on a range of issues- branding among African Celebrities, state of affairs in the African Movie Industry, his pipelined projects, the relationships between African Celebrities and the way forward for the fast developing African cinema.
The Yvonne Okoro’s indecent exposure and alleged ‘nipple slip’ appearance which became the ‘talk of the town’ after the recent African Movie Academy Awards found its way into the conversation.
John stated that, he did not see anything wrong with the whole ‘boobs’ exposure and rather saw it as sexy. For him, it was classy and tasteful. He continued by saying that ‘if I had a wife, that is the way I will want her to dress’.
Addressing the unending allegation that he is a womanizer and that is the main reason he has not been able to name a single woman as his girlfriend though he claims to be in a serious relationship.
John Dumelo mentioned that, it is for the serenity of his relationship that he has not named his girlfriend. ‘ If I am dating someone called Abena, I am going to keep the name private until the week or day to my wedding’ he said.
He explained that he once named his girlfriend and the hate text messages, calls and threats she received from random people have thought him a life lesson.
When questioned on how long he has been with this mystery girlfriend, he was unwilling to answer. He however slipped of and mentioned that ‘I have been dating her for like more than a year’.
His answer fetched him many questions concerning his relationship with this mystery woman (Check video chit chat below for more).
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Nigeria’s Femi Kuti Nominated For A Grammy, Jay Z Tops Nominations + The Full List Of Nominees
- 2013 AfricaMagic Viewers’ Choice Awards Nominations Are In...Yvonne Okoro, Jackie Appiah, Majid Michel, Shirley Frimpong-Manso, Ken Attoh & Others Nominated!
- Sonnie Badu DENIES Ever Saying ‘Ghanaian Gospel Musicians Sing Nonsense’ As Reported By A Newspaper But The Editor Says Sonnie Badu Is A LIAR
- 2013 Ghana Movie Awards Launched | Nominees List Out December 14
- Miss Ghana 2013 Giuseppina Baafi Inspires Students Of Her Alma Mater
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
- Gabrielle Union Looking Super FAB At The Alvin Ailey 2013 Opening Night Gala
- Mariah Carey Looking ‘Christmasly’ Naughty & Cute As She Performs At Rockefeller Center
- Terrence Howard Secretly Marries Girlfriend After One Month Of Dating?
- Detective Says Paul Walker’s Car Was Going 90 MPH In A 45 MPH Speed Zone At Time Of Fatal Crash!
- Kanye West Signs $10 Million Deal With Adidas
- Alicia Keys At 27th Annual ARIA Awards 2013 In Australia
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Date Someone With Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI)
- Everything You Should Know About Your Bra
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date
- Secrets Your Man Would Not Want You To Know