The 65th Cannes Film Festival came to a successful end 3 days ago in France. Despite the hype and talk about of 15 Ghanaian movie stars and 4 media men who were suppose to represent Ghana, it was a NO SHOW for Ghana since only 4 Ghanaians out of the tall list made it to the prestigious film festival.
Out of the over 20 names including myself (Chris-Vincent Agyapong Febiri) which were presented, only the Founder/CEO of Ghana Movie Awards-Mr. Fred Nuamah, Jackie Appiah, Juliet Ibrahim and Prince David Osei were able to make it to the event.
You may probably be wondering what happened to the others. I can tell you why I did not make it to Cannes as planned despite having received proper media accreditation from the Press Office of the festival, but that will not explain why the many movie stars who had a lot to gain failed to attend.
I caught up with Mr. Fred Nuamah, Founder/CEO of Ghana Movie Awards-the body which was suppose to take the Ghanaian delegations to Cannes for explanation as to why most of the stars failed to attend such an esteemed event.
Speaking from his hideout in Tooting-London, Mr. Fred Nuamah explained to GhanaCelebrities.Com that, though he managed to secure visas for most of the selected movie stars, for reasons which are not yet communicated to him, they failed to show up as arranged.
He continued that ‘the Cannes film festival as we all know is a prestigious event and to throw away the honour and the appropriate accreditation to be part of the festival as a movie star is beyond his imagination’.
‘For me, I did all that was within my power to acquire what were the most difficult things of being part of Cannes Film Festival for them, that is proper accreditation and visas’ he added.
Outlining some of the benefits he derived from being part of this year’s event, he mentioned to GhanaCelebrities.Com that, ‘I met several high profile movie directors, investors, movie stars and technical men. We exchanged cards and I was able to hold private meetings with the few who had time. It is all about networking and then you step on that further’.
Asked whether he was disappointed by the low turnout and non-seriousness the Ghanaian movie stars attached to this year’s Cannes Film Festival, he replied by saying ‘ The platform was set for them to be part of an International Film, attend International movie workshops, seminars and network with some of the top world movie stars and yet they failed to attend. If anything at all, they should be disappointed in themselves and not me’.
At this stage, I guess you will be wondering why I failed to attend the festival as a media man after having been given the proper accreditation.
To be frank, I wanted to attend but events beyond my control made it impossible.
Check below for photos form 2012 Cannes Film Festival…
And lastly, Fred Nuamah At His London HideOut!
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- *UPDATED* MORE RED CARPET PHOTOS: Zoe Saldana, Clive Owen, Takao Osawa, Nanako Matsushima, Tatsuya Fujiwara, Rasaroi Dawson, Fred Nuamah, Captain Planet & Others At 66 Cannes Film Festival
- PricelessMom.Com: YES! Loving Too Much Can Kill
- *UPDATED* CELEB STYLE: Captain Planet’s Glitzy Appearance At 2013 Cannes Film Festival Alongside Hollywood Actress
- 2768 Downloads In 2 Weeks Since I 'UnCopyrighted' My Life Changing Book-'Success Is A Right, Not A Privilege'…Get Your FREE Copy Now!
- PHOTOS OF THE DAY: Confidence Haugen, Good Genes Or Good Doctor?
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?