Young professionals often spend more time at the office than at home. As a result, there are a lot of single men and women who don’t have the time to meet new people. Naturally, they seek their potential partners within their surrounding environment-in the office.
Single people feel that work is a natural place to meet new people. After all, you spend at least 40 hours a week there, with individuals of similar backgrounds and interests. Relationships with co-workers can be especially tempting because hard work doesn’t leave much time for socializing.
Always remember; while inter-office dating is not necessarily illegal, many companies have policies against it. The tricky part regarding such policies is what defines dating.
Most companies encourage friendships, so where’s the line between friendship and dating? If you start dating someone in the office, who can you tell? Should you try to keep it a secret? What if someone finds out? Would it have been better if you had been honest with your co-workers from the get-go?
These are the questions that will be lingering in your mind. There are many issues both positive and negative to consider before engaging in office romances. One of the positive aspects is time efficiency, since you no longer need to search for a significant other in the evening. Why look around for potential dates when you have an office full of beautiful women? You save both time and money.
A second advantage to dating someone in the workplace is that since you spend so many hours together at work, you already have an idea of what she’s like. This can save you from lots of headaches down the road.
A final advantage, besides the sex, is that you can carpool. Not only do you get to spend the night together, you also save on gas.
Office romances also have their drawbacks. For example, no matter how well the relationship is going, the situation itself is a recipe for disaster. The fact that couples are in constant contact with one another day and night may cause friction within the relationship. Everyone needs “alone time” to pursue hobbies or hang out with friends and the lack thereof may cause relationships to self-destruct…Continue Reading From Here
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Airport Repack Area for Africans and Asians | Why Always Us?
- The High Price Some Women Have to Pay for Patriarchy: ‘Virg*nity Stones’ in High Demand in Cameroon Despite Obvious Health Implications
- It’s Happening Tonight in London | The Premiere of DOUBLE CROSS Featuring Ama K. Abebrese, John Dumelo, Adjetey Anang, Jasmine Baroudi & Others
- PHOTOS OF THE DAY: Yvonne Nelson, Sandra Ankobiah, Adjetey Anang, Ama K Abebrese, John Dumelo, Kafui Danku, Eazzy & Nana Ama McBrown
- ‘Family Album’ Featuring Majid Michel, Christabel Ekeh, Kofi Adjorlolo, Kafui Danku, Roselyn Ngissah & Others to Be Premiered on 7th November in Accra | Watch the Trailer