Majority of the winners of the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMAs) 2012 did not turn up for the prize presentations on Tuesday at MUSIGA Office in Accra.
The organisers of the annual awards, Charter House were ready to present each winner with his or her prize, yet only few of the winners were present. This development forced the organisers to give an ample time to wait for the rest to show up for the presentation to look beautiful.
After several hours, the short event kick started with the artistes who were available. The absence of a number artistes did not ruin the presentation but it did take some shine out of the whole event.
The VGMAs in its 13th edition was held on Saturday April 13 at the Dome of the Accra International Conference. Prior to that, the Industry award was held to award the Industry Categories.
Each award winner irrespective of the number of awards won received GHC 3.000 whiles the ‘Artiste of the Year’ picked GHC 10.000.
There were only five of the tall lists of winners present. They were Kesse, the winner of the Best Male Vocal Artiste, Blakk Rasta, the Reggae Song of the Year winner, Guy One, the Traditional Artiste of the Year winner, Steve Bedi, the Instrumentalist of the Year winner and Stay Jay, the Best New Artiste of the Year.
The other musicians who failed to attend the event authorized people to collect their prizes on their behalf – something that Charter House doesn’t see anything wrong with.
The same tactics used to get the musicians to the venue of the awards’ show should have been employed to get them to attend the prize presentation.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Another Gripe With KUMAWOOD | If You Cannot Write Better English, Do Not Bother With Subtitles
- Survey Reveals 98% of Primary Two Pupils Cannot Read or Understand English in Ghana | Can Our Educational Standards Get Any Worse?
- Photos from Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitts’ Wedding | Jolie’s Gown Featured Her Children's Colourful Artwork
- Agnostic Wanlov Da Kubolor, Father of 6 Children with 5 Different Women Says He Has Slept with Over 300 Women, Have Had Gay Seks Before & Used to Do Sakawa
- We’re Solely Interested in Your Cash, Not Your Damn Brands | So Says Ghanaian Celebrities to Corporate Bodies