It is not easy doing a lot and having a lot going for you in Africa at the age of 24. Perhaps it justifies the assertion that women must be seen and not heard.
Contrary to the norm of a lady not telling her age, the beautiful unassuming Naa Ashorkor says it with a whiff and still be good at what she does which is the most important.
“As a baby I was told I was sweet and cute,” she said gleefully, “but as an adult I was said to be ‘too known’.”
She was all about beauty with brains, educating and empowering women to exude such confidence while taking control of their lives when she stopped by the Yellow House to meet the Girls.
Naa Ashorkor, a second of three girls, hails from Teshie Tsui Bleoo. For a girl growing up not liking boys it was not surprising she described her childhood as a ‘stuck up’ one. “My parents were strict and we only did school, church, home. I did a lot of TV and reading since there was not much going out.”
Apart from the few friends from school and church Naa didn’t have many friends as a kid. Asked whether that made her angry of her parents, she smilingly said she knew they wanted the best for her, “they wanted us to grow up and be independent, behave ourselves and act as ladies.”
For a lady who didn’t talk much to boys in Junior High School, it was a race against reality when she was ‘dumped’ at Benkum Secondary in Larteh Akuapim. As a coed school she was forced to open up. Her eyes lit up as she talked about the now beautiful experience she won’t give the world for, “the weeding and carrying water on our head has helped me a lot.”
Today she washes her own car as well as her father and can change her own car tyres among many other unconventional women stuff. That lesson to be very streetwise is what Naa will always be grateful for.
The lady, who worships at Church of Pentecost, believes maturity only comes with responsible for her and that she hasn’t changed from the principles her parents taught her growing up.
Just for the record she stated categorically her heartbreak with her first love at age 20; a boy she fell in love with during her days at Ghana Institute of Journalism. It didn’t work out because he travelled to sojourn in the UK and the relationship became a virtual one on facebook.
For a show that’s becoming more revealing by the week, ‘Meet the Girls in the Yellow House’, it keeps getting personalities to open up and be real about the truth about their lives.
The gifted actress was smooth-talked into talking about her current relationship. She said admitted going out with a guy who has given her a lot in terms of showing her love, understanding, supporting and appreciating her. “We have known each other for four years and I can now say we are compatible on many fronts,” she boldly told the Girls with a spark in her eyes.
For a lady who likes to watch tv series and comedies when she gets depressed she tells viewers to watch out for her surprises this before the year end. Ok so that got us all thinking because we know what she can deliver on set.
The Girls might surprise you with the surprise so watch out. Meet the Girls in the Yellow House is airs every Saturday at 10am on Viasat 1 with a repeat on Sunday at 9.30am.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- SOMEHERE IN THE WORLD: Kenyan Senator Caught Photoshopping Nelson Mandela Tribute Picture
- PHOTOS: Nadia Buari, Jim Iyke & Others At The Press Screening ‘The Diary of Imogen Brown’ In Accra
- SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD: BBC Viewers Are Angry, 1,350 People Complain About 'EXCESSIVE' Coverage Of Mandela's Death
- Winner Of 2006 Miss Malaika-Hamamat Montia Has STOLEN A Car?
- DO YOU KNOW THAT: People Who Can Ignore Texts Or Calls Are Happier Than Those Who Answer?
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- Oprah Winfrey Says She Has No Regrets About Not Having Kids
- Mike Tyson Has Cancelled His Book Signing Tour in UK Because He Is Barred From Britain Over Rape Conviction
- Kim Kardashian Says Her BODY Is Back As She Covers US Weekly
- Rapper-The Game Honours Nelson Mandela With A New Tattoo
- Kanye West Says Being A Rapper Is Dangerous, Just Like A Cop Or Being At War
- PHOTOS: Keri Hilson Celebrates Her 31st Birthday With T-Pain & Others
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Maintain Your Skin During The Festive Period
- How To Date Someone With Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI)
- Everything You Should Know About Your Bra
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date