Did you know that avocados have amazing health benefits? We love avocados and we make sure to have at least one a day. Unfortunately, there are some misconceptions about this fruit, so we thought we’d take this opportunity to set the record straight. At the same time, we will be highlighting many of the avocadoshealth benefits.
The avocado is a tree native to Puebla, Mexico and is classified in the flowering plant family Lauraceae. Avocado also refers to the fruit (which is a large berry that contains a large seed) of the tree. They are a commercially valuable fruit and are cultivated in tropical climates throughout the world (and some temperate ones, such as California) producing a green-skinned, pear-shaped fruit that ripens after harvesting. Cultivating fruit can take up to 4-6 years from seed.
1. Avocados are high in fat and that makes them very high in calories
Contrary to popular assumptions, the avocado can be a helpful part of a successful weight-management program. Its monounsaturated fat speeds up the basal metabolic rate, as compared with saturated fat. Its rich supply of vitamins and minerals also makes the diet more wholesome and satisfying and thus more conducive to overall health and to moderation in consumption. Its high fat content gives a quicker feeling of fullness, thus helping to reduce overeating; and it also makes an overall sound diet more palatable, reducing the temptation to binge on foods high in sugars or saturated fats.
2. Avocados are high in fat and therefore bad for the heart
While avocados are high in fat, they have been shown to maintain good cholesterol while reducing bad cholesterol. The reason for which avocado is considered so effective when it comes to lowering the cholesterol levels is because it is a great source of heart-healthy monounsaturated fat. The avocado fat is a type of fat that actually lowers the LDL levels (the “bad” cholesterol) while raising the levels of the HDL (the “good” cholesterol) which protect the arteries.
Various Health Benefits
Proteins are made of amino acids. There are 22 different amino acids that combine in various sequences to form all proteins. The human body is capable of manufacturing some of these amino acids, but the remaining ones must be obtained through the diet. These amino acids are called the “essential amino acids”. The avocado is a “complete food” in terms of protein, containing all 8 essential amino acids.
The avocado contains large amounts of both soluble and insoluble fiber. These fibers are important for overall digestive health because they work together to prevent problems and to keep things moving smoothly….Continue Reading From Here
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- The Scamming Continues: Miss Universe 2012-Gifty Ofori Stripped Of Her Title After She Exposed Organizers For Not Giving Her The Various Promised Prizes
- PHOTOS From Launch Of ‘Ghana Meets Naija’ Feat. Wizkid, Bola Ray, Edem, Okyeame Kwame, EL, John Dumelo, Juliet Ibrahim & Others
- Celebrity & Law: African Celebrities Who Work Without Permits In USA, UK & Other Countries Face Arrest, Imprisonment & Deportation
- Award-Winning Investigate Journalist-Anas Aremeyaw Anas Warns John Dumelo & Promises To Expose His ‘Dirty Lifestyle’ + What We Know About The Australian Money Issue
- The Much Talked About Movie-CHEATERS Starring Jackie Appiah, Adjetey Anang & Others Premieres Tomorrow-24 May!
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- VIDEO: Ray J Talks About Missing Kim, Him Being Responsible For Her Success & More
- I Never Said Jay-Z Was A ‘Tranny Chaser’ Says Foxy Brown
- New Music: ‘I’m Out ‘ By Ciara ft. Nicki Minaj
- PHOTOS: Nicki Minaj Spotted In NY Looking Miserable
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?