Did you know that avocados have amazing health benefits? We love avocados and we make sure to have at least one a day. Unfortunately, there are some misconceptions about this fruit, so we thought we’d take this opportunity to set the record straight. At the same time, we will be highlighting many of the avocadoshealth benefits.
The avocado is a tree native to Puebla, Mexico and is classified in the flowering plant family Lauraceae. Avocado also refers to the fruit (which is a large berry that contains a large seed) of the tree. They are a commercially valuable fruit and are cultivated in tropical climates throughout the world (and some temperate ones, such as California) producing a green-skinned, pear-shaped fruit that ripens after harvesting. Cultivating fruit can take up to 4-6 years from seed.
1. Avocados are high in fat and that makes them very high in calories
Contrary to popular assumptions, the avocado can be a helpful part of a successful weight-management program. Its monounsaturated fat speeds up the basal metabolic rate, as compared with saturated fat. Its rich supply of vitamins and minerals also makes the diet more wholesome and satisfying and thus more conducive to overall health and to moderation in consumption. Its high fat content gives a quicker feeling of fullness, thus helping to reduce overeating; and it also makes an overall sound diet more palatable, reducing the temptation to binge on foods high in sugars or saturated fats.
2. Avocados are high in fat and therefore bad for the heart
While avocados are high in fat, they have been shown to maintain good cholesterol while reducing bad cholesterol. The reason for which avocado is considered so effective when it comes to lowering the cholesterol levels is because it is a great source of heart-healthy monounsaturated fat. The avocado fat is a type of fat that actually lowers the LDL levels (the “bad” cholesterol) while raising the levels of the HDL (the “good” cholesterol) which protect the arteries.
Various Health Benefits
Proteins are made of amino acids. There are 22 different amino acids that combine in various sequences to form all proteins. The human body is capable of manufacturing some of these amino acids, but the remaining ones must be obtained through the diet. These amino acids are called the “essential amino acids”. The avocado is a “complete food” in terms of protein, containing all 8 essential amino acids.
The avocado contains large amounts of both soluble and insoluble fiber. These fibers are important for overall digestive health because they work together to prevent problems and to keep things moving smoothly….Continue Reading From Here
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- More Like A TIME TRAVEL Experience | 'Alewa' And 'Poki' To Be Served At Tomorrow's 'Back in The Day' MEGA Concert!
- New Music Video: 'Womp3' By 5Five
- John Dumelo Says He Gets LONELY & The Only Thing Missing Is A MRS
- It Can’t Get Any Better Than This | ‘Sparrow Productions’ Launches The ‘4 BIG THINGS’- A New MOVIE, New LOGO, Adams Apples Season 2 DVD, Sparrow Station & A Short Film…
- New Music: 'Awoso' By Daddy Lumba
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
- Gabrielle Union Looking Super FAB At The Alvin Ailey 2013 Opening Night Gala
- Mariah Carey Looking ‘Christmasly’ Naughty & Cute As She Performs At Rockefeller Center
- Terrence Howard Secretly Marries Girlfriend After One Month Of Dating?
- Detective Says Paul Walker’s Car Was Going 90 MPH In A 45 MPH Speed Zone At Time Of Fatal Crash!
- Kanye West Signs $10 Million Deal With Adidas
- Alicia Keys At 27th Annual ARIA Awards 2013 In Australia
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date
- Secrets Your Man Would Not Want You To Know
- Sex & Relationships: I Like You But I’m Not Looking For A Relationship Right Now…What He Really Means
- Nanokeratin Brazilian Blow Dry: The Perfect Harmless Alternative to Hair Straightening