The merger between one of Ghana’s popular television hosts Joselyn Dumas and PHC Motors has not only made the former smile to the bank, the latter has also made several gains.
Last year, PHC Motors Limited, a leading automobile retail firm in Ghana launched the Range Rover Evoque. Earlier this year, they went scouting for an icon to help them expose and market the luxurious stylish car.
According to the company, the best way of spreading or exposing the Evoque was to identify the Evoque with somebody who is in the public’s eye. They wanted somebody who will reflect some of the characteristics of Evoque. A personality who is pleasing to the eye. Somebody who is elegant and has presence and style.
Host of The One Show on Viasat1, Joselyn Dumas fits all the description above, so she was chosen as the ‘Face of Evogue’. She is taking the car around to variety of places and it has created the needed attention. People have asked about it and want it and the company is pleased with the results.
Yesterday, PHC Motors Limited organised a brief media soiree for Joselyn to share her experience of driving the car and also for the company to address rumours circulating about the contract between the them and Joselyn Dumas.
Jocelyn Dumas’ endorsement deal with PHC Motors Limited is not different from the deals between other actresses and other companies. However, hers came with a car which was a plus for her.
Excited and smartly dressed Joselyn Dumas had smiles on her face as she shared her experience gathered over three months of driving the sophisticated car around town.
“It has and it will continue to be an amazing journey. It’s a beautiful car… It has a lot of presence. Wherever [family and friends] we go people stop and stare… It’s very sophisticated [car] but at the same time it is also very economical because the engine size is not the usual 5 and above. Its 2.4 engine size.”
“What I have is diesel so is actually very economical. It has been great. It has an amazing period and I know that both [Jocelyn Dumas and PHC Motors] brands came together to put each other on that level we both want to attain”, she told the media.
In sharing her experience, Jocelyn recollected sometime back when a guy approached her in traffic and asked how much? As perplexed as she was, she wondered and asked herself, what she is selling forgetting that she’s driving Range Rover Envoque – the stylish and classy car.
There are rumours making rounds that Joselyn is supposed to sell 5 of the car she’s driving before the company will give her the car permanently. But with three months of the mergence, the company has sold approximately 20 of the cars.
According to Mr. Anthony Torsu, the Deputy Sales Manager of PHC Motors, Joselyn has influenced people from the first day she was engaged as the ‘Face of Evoque’. He said the company sold a car on the first day they signed her and has since been selling. Currently the Range Rover Envoque is out of stock in Ghana.
Mr. Leslie S. Ephson, the Acting Divisional Manager at PHC Motors addressed the media on the story that Jocelyn was tasked to sell 5 of the same car she’s driving within a year and that if she fails to do so, the car will be taken away from her or she pays an agreed percentage to keep the car.
According to Mr. Leslie S. Ephson, Jocelyn wasn’t signed as the ‘Face of Evoque’ to sell cars. “She was not made the face of Evoque to be a sales girl.
He continued that, if he wants sales, he has very experienced sales people in his office who has targets to meet.
He said Joselyn’s job as Face of Evoque is to promote [the car]. To drive the car around and expose it – solely that.
“When it comes to sales, it’s not just a matter of selling. A proper sales person is supposed to listen to the customer. Is supposed to care for the Customer’s needs and ensure that, whatever he or she is selling meets those needs.”
“Selling is an art, it’s a craft and it’s not done like that. A lot of training is involved in it. So we can’t ask someone [Joselyn] who is trained in the arts of Theatre to be a Sales Person, same time I don’t expect a trained Sales Person to go on a film set” he ended.
In a related development, GhanaCelebrities.Com has learnt that, several personalities have tried to oust Jocelyn Dumas to become the ‘Face of Evoque’ but the company said they are not ready to give out the names of such personalities.
According to Mr. Ephson, “Joselyn didn’t come to us to make her the Face of Evoque, she was chosen for all the right reasons. She is beautiful; she is good at what she does, has presence and has created attention for [PHC Motors] them and for the [Range Rover Evoque] brand.”
Check out the photos below
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Majid Michel Joins The Louis Vuitton Club | Kanye West May Be UPSET With This...
- WEEKLY DISCUSSION: To Snap A Nekkid Picture Or Not To Snap?.....How Far Would You Go For Your Partner?
- PHOTOS: ‘Naughty By Nature’ In Ghana, Everything Is Set For Tonight’s ‘Back in the Day’ Concert
- BEHIND THE SCENES: The Making Of Shirley Frimpong Manso’s New Feature Film-POTOMANTO
- More Like A TIME TRAVEL Experience | 'Alewa' And 'Poki' To Be Served At Tomorrow's 'Back in The Day' MEGA Concert!
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
- Gabrielle Union Looking Super FAB At The Alvin Ailey 2013 Opening Night Gala
- Mariah Carey Looking ‘Christmasly’ Naughty & Cute As She Performs At Rockefeller Center
- Terrence Howard Secretly Marries Girlfriend After One Month Of Dating?
- Detective Says Paul Walker’s Car Was Going 90 MPH In A 45 MPH Speed Zone At Time Of Fatal Crash!
- Kanye West Signs $10 Million Deal With Adidas
- Alicia Keys At 27th Annual ARIA Awards 2013 In Australia
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date
- Secrets Your Man Would Not Want You To Know
- Sex & Relationships: I Like You But I’m Not Looking For A Relationship Right Now…What He Really Means
- Nanokeratin Brazilian Blow Dry: The Perfect Harmless Alternative to Hair Straightening