It’s very possible that my girlfriend is a bit crazy/psychotic and it’s really starting to affect me. She can be so aggressive and hyper. She’s even been like this once in front of friends and family at a party a few motes ago. I joke about it with my boys but if I’m honest it’s no joking matter.
She says it’s this PMT thing and it’s not all the time but sometimes I feel this is just a stupid excuse to be aggressive and unreasonable! After all she is not my first girlfriend I’ve had and the I know most woman can get a bit crazy, she is becoming too much.
I love her very much and we’ve been together for almost two years so I want to know what to do. I’m writing this because last week we had an argument about me travelling abroad to work on a project back home and she pushed and slapped me.
It’s the second time she has dared to hit me and I had to leave the house not to go mad at her. She was so apologetic after but if it were the other way round, would I not be in some jail cell right now?
We don’t live together so when she is in this mood it’s easy for me to walk away but will I do this forever? Sometimes I just want to call it quit but well, I love her.
Where do I stand with this? What should I do? Any experience?
Truth be told I’m impressed you’re speaking out as most men do not dare say their girlfriend/wife is treating them this way or worse.
Trust me when I say this sort of unreasonable and unacceptable behaviour happen a lot. In the UK it’s said that 1 in 6 men go through this treatment.
Whilst PMT (Pre-menstral Tension) is very real and very severe for some women, it’s not an excuse for you to be mistreated.
It sounds as though you want to help her so I’m advising you to enforce boundaries and ask her to get help (anger management) because if you don’t, like you say, you will surely one day retaliate and end up banged up in jail, no one is worth your freedom.
Hope this helps! Let’s see advice GC readers have to offer!
Send all your relationship & Love probs to me via firstname.lastname@example.org, we will keep your identity anonymous.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- PHOTOS & VIDEOS: The Rich & Fabulous Lifestyle of Sandra Ankboah | From Paris to Cannes- Private Chartered Helicopter, Bentley, Yacht & More in Just A Week…Part 2
- PHOTOS & VIDEO: And Shatta Wale Took His Shirt, Pants and Shoes Off | Which Got People Screaming at 'Tigo Ghana Meets Naija'
- All the PHOTOS From the 2015 'Tigo Ghana Meets Naija' Performances | Sarkodie, Shatta Wale, MzVee, the Mavins & Others
- ECG Disconnects Yvonne Nelson’s Apartment for Not Paying Electricity Bills & Using Illegal Connection?
- PHOTOS: Fred Nuamah, Actor-Henry Adofo & Others at the 68th Cannes Film Festival | Fred Hired A Damn Yacht This Year?