Bola Ray and his Empire Entertainment team have created a very big brand out of nothing that is progressively and simultaneously bringing Ghana and Nigeria together to showcase Africa music to the world.
With just a year old and going into its second year, the ‘Ghana Meets Naija’ musical show has been fully embraced and endorsed by both governments of the two countries.
Ghana and Nigeria already have a cordial relationship through football matches, diplomatic and bilateral arrangements, cultural exchanges and in other areas. Beyond these, both governments believe that, music is another way of bringing them more closer together.
Following the endorsement by the two governments, GhanaCelebrities.Com has learnt that, Empire’s office has received numerous calls on daily basis from producers and label owners in other parts of Africa, so as their artistes will get the opportunity to feature on the show, a platform they see spectacular for their artistes.
Despite the pressure mounting, it is the hope that, Bola will still remain focus and won’t defeat from the core aim of the ‘Ghana Meets Naija’ brand, which is to assemble the very best of Ghana and Nigeria musicians on one platform.
The brand itself is a unifier with a sole aim of championing peace and co-existence between the two countries who have become role models to the rest on the continent.
After it’s launched, the general public received the news with mixed feelings concerning artistes billed to perform at the show slated for Saturday June 30 at the Dome of the Conference Centre. The organisers are fired up for the event and the buzz is in town.
The criteria for selection of artistes have also become a major concern for many and have since been discussed on various platforms with varied views. Some have asked why certain artistes didn’t make the cut to be on the show.
The maiden edition took place last year and it was seen as the biggest in-door event in Ghana by industry pundits. The show paraded D-Cryme, Ruff N Smooth, Efya, 4X4, Stay J, VIP, Kwaw Kese and Sarkodie, whiles the Naija brothers paraded J-Martins, 9ice, 2Face Idibia, and Naeto C.
Some of the Ghanaian artistes who performed last year will be performing again this year making a cross section of the people ask why those artistes are on again this year, especially when there are many artiste to choose from.
This year, Ghana will be represented by Buk Bak, Kwaw Kese, 4X4, Guru, Kakie, ItzTiffany, R2Bees, Keche with several others passing through. From Nigerian will be Tiwa Savage, Davido of ‘Dami Duro’ fame, Chocolate City boys of Brymo, M.I
The organisers of the event have said and maintained that, the ‘Ghana Meets Naija’ is a unique brand for hit makers in the year. Any musician with a hit or hits songs will qualify for the show in a particular year that the show will be held.
The brand is shaping the career of artistes and also helping in their music promotion and marketing. Musicians are now seeing the reasons to get hits which automatically qualify them to be on the show.
For many times, patrons who spent exorbitant money to purchase tickets to attend shows have always been disappointed with porous security and other unpardonable setbacks. Some get disrespected and go home not getting their monies worth.
Aside bringing the two countries together, the show also aims at showing respect to patrons who will be at the venue. Industry pundits have embraced the concept and working towards its success.
With the criteria for selection explained. You can get your ticket for GHC 70 for standard and GHC 150 for VIP at Koala, Joy FM, Empire Entertainment, SilverBirds Lifestyle Store, Jane Ann Supermarket, Airport Shell, Community 11 Shell, Baatsona Total and Frankies.
The Ghana Meets Naija Concert is powered by Empire Entertainment and Media GH and proudly brought to you by MTN and RLG with support from Hennessey, Digital Innovation,Taste and Beyond, BSL, Chrisaach Carpets, and Golden Tulip Hotel.
Media Partners are YFM, Joy FM, Hitz FM, Radio Gold, GTV, 4styte TV, ETV, GHOne, Pink FM, Top Radio, Skyy Media Group, Graphic Showbiz, NewsOne, Daily Guide, Flex Newspaper, FAB Magazine, Exclusive Men’s Magazine, ghanamusic.com, www.ameyadebrah.com, www.ghanacelebrities.com, www.thebuzzgh.com, and www.bigxgh.com.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Court Orders Confidence Haugen To Stop Using ‘STOLEN’ Logo
- OMG: Cannes Film Festival Falls For The Fake Psy Of Gangnam Syyle Fame
- GC GIVEAWAY | Win A VIP Ticket For Empire Champagne Party On Saturday-May 25 At Villa Monticello In Accra! 5 Tickets To Be Given Out
- The Much Talked About Movie-CHEATERS Starring Jackie Appiah, Adjetey Anang & Others Premieres Tomorrow-24 May!
- PHOTOS From Miss Ghana 2012 1st Runner-Up Nadia Ntanu’s India Visit
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?