Bola Ray and his Empire Entertainment team have created a very big brand out of nothing that is progressively and simultaneously bringing Ghana and Nigeria together to showcase Africa music to the world.
With just a year old and going into its second year, the ‘Ghana Meets Naija’ musical show has been fully embraced and endorsed by both governments of the two countries.
Ghana and Nigeria already have a cordial relationship through football matches, diplomatic and bilateral arrangements, cultural exchanges and in other areas. Beyond these, both governments believe that, music is another way of bringing them more closer together.
Following the endorsement by the two governments, GhanaCelebrities.Com has learnt that, Empire’s office has received numerous calls on daily basis from producers and label owners in other parts of Africa, so as their artistes will get the opportunity to feature on the show, a platform they see spectacular for their artistes.
Despite the pressure mounting, it is the hope that, Bola will still remain focus and won’t defeat from the core aim of the ‘Ghana Meets Naija’ brand, which is to assemble the very best of Ghana and Nigeria musicians on one platform.
The brand itself is a unifier with a sole aim of championing peace and co-existence between the two countries who have become role models to the rest on the continent.
After it’s launched, the general public received the news with mixed feelings concerning artistes billed to perform at the show slated for Saturday June 30 at the Dome of the Conference Centre. The organisers are fired up for the event and the buzz is in town.
The criteria for selection of artistes have also become a major concern for many and have since been discussed on various platforms with varied views. Some have asked why certain artistes didn’t make the cut to be on the show.
The maiden edition took place last year and it was seen as the biggest in-door event in Ghana by industry pundits. The show paraded D-Cryme, Ruff N Smooth, Efya, 4X4, Stay J, VIP, Kwaw Kese and Sarkodie, whiles the Naija brothers paraded J-Martins, 9ice, 2Face Idibia, and Naeto C.
Some of the Ghanaian artistes who performed last year will be performing again this year making a cross section of the people ask why those artistes are on again this year, especially when there are many artiste to choose from.
This year, Ghana will be represented by Buk Bak, Kwaw Kese, 4X4, Guru, Kakie, ItzTiffany, R2Bees, Keche with several others passing through. From Nigerian will be Tiwa Savage, Davido of ‘Dami Duro’ fame, Chocolate City boys of Brymo, M.I
The organisers of the event have said and maintained that, the ‘Ghana Meets Naija’ is a unique brand for hit makers in the year. Any musician with a hit or hits songs will qualify for the show in a particular year that the show will be held.
The brand is shaping the career of artistes and also helping in their music promotion and marketing. Musicians are now seeing the reasons to get hits which automatically qualify them to be on the show.
For many times, patrons who spent exorbitant money to purchase tickets to attend shows have always been disappointed with porous security and other unpardonable setbacks. Some get disrespected and go home not getting their monies worth.
Aside bringing the two countries together, the show also aims at showing respect to patrons who will be at the venue. Industry pundits have embraced the concept and working towards its success.
With the criteria for selection explained. You can get your ticket for GHC 70 for standard and GHC 150 for VIP at Koala, Joy FM, Empire Entertainment, SilverBirds Lifestyle Store, Jane Ann Supermarket, Airport Shell, Community 11 Shell, Baatsona Total and Frankies.
The Ghana Meets Naija Concert is powered by Empire Entertainment and Media GH and proudly brought to you by MTN and RLG with support from Hennessey, Digital Innovation,Taste and Beyond, BSL, Chrisaach Carpets, and Golden Tulip Hotel.
Media Partners are YFM, Joy FM, Hitz FM, Radio Gold, GTV, 4styte TV, ETV, GHOne, Pink FM, Top Radio, Skyy Media Group, Graphic Showbiz, NewsOne, Daily Guide, Flex Newspaper, FAB Magazine, Exclusive Men’s Magazine, ghanamusic.com, www.ameyadebrah.com, www.ghanacelebrities.com, www.thebuzzgh.com, and www.bigxgh.com.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Nigeria’s Femi Kuti Nominated For A Grammy, Jay Z Tops Nominations + The Full List Of Nominees
- 2013 AfricaMagic Viewers’ Choice Awards Nominations Are In...Yvonne Okoro, Jackie Appiah, Majid Michel, Shirley Frimpong-Manso, Ken Attoh & Others Nominated!
- Sonnie Badu DENIES Ever Saying ‘Ghanaian Gospel Musicians Sing Nonsense’ As Reported By A Newspaper But The Editor Says Sonnie Badu Is A LIAR
- 2013 Ghana Movie Awards Launched | Nominees List Out December 14
- Why Don’t You Party With Kwabena Kwabena, Turas, Nana Quame & Others In Luton On 21st December, 2013?
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
- Gabrielle Union Looking Super FAB At The Alvin Ailey 2013 Opening Night Gala
- Mariah Carey Looking ‘Christmasly’ Naughty & Cute As She Performs At Rockefeller Center
- Terrence Howard Secretly Marries Girlfriend After One Month Of Dating?
- Detective Says Paul Walker’s Car Was Going 90 MPH In A 45 MPH Speed Zone At Time Of Fatal Crash!
- Kanye West Signs $10 Million Deal With Adidas
- Alicia Keys At 27th Annual ARIA Awards 2013 In Australia
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Everything You Should Know About Your Bra
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date
- Secrets Your Man Would Not Want You To Know
- Sex & Relationships: I Like You But I’m Not Looking For A Relationship Right Now…What He Really Means